style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Just a quick Q regarding a bond that i'm yet to receive.

Me and my partner moved out of a house Dec 26th and are yet to see the bond. A checkout inventory was taken on the 6th and i've phoned the agent since to see whats happening but, and I quote, "Because the LL lives in New Zealand, he needs to send someone round to look on his behalf."

So,

1. How long should I realistically wait for the bond before getting rude?

2. Should I not just get rude now - why would the LL need to see it as surely it's a simple case of Check-in Inventory vs Check-out inventory?

Many thanks,

G

Don't get rude - get businesslike.

Write to the agent and make it clear that as agent they are responsible and that you require them to complete all arrangments to return your deposit witin 7 days failing which you will sue them and the LL jointly and that if necessary you will obtain a charge on the property.

Be prepared to have them quibbling about the coniditon of the property. I hope that you have taken photos etc

Hi Bankfodder, thanks for the speedy reply.

Unfortunately I was stupid enough not to take photos but I was present for both the check-in and check-out inventories.

Is there any length of time that "reasonable" covers when holding a bond? I would have thought 28/30 days?

G

Thanks also planner,

I've looked into that but I wanted to make sure enough time had passed before I started claiming anything back.

G

Dependant on which of the x3 schemes it is in, your deposit should be returned within 10 days. I think its time you started pushing the matter with the relevant scheme.

Dependant on which of the x3 schemes it is in, your deposit should be returned within 10 days. I think its time you started pushing the matter with the relevant scheme.

I've had a flick through our paperwork and our Deposit is held with The TDS. Make any difference?

Edited by Yiddogray
Horrible grammar!

So writing directly to them (TDS) requesting my deposit back would be the next step or would I be better speaking to the LA and giving them a final nudge before doing so?

I've not written to anyone yet, it's only be conversations over the phone.

So writing directly to them (TDS) requesting my deposit back would be the next step or would I be better speaking to the LA and giving them a final nudge before doing so?

I've not written to anyone yet, it's only be conversations over the phone.

Have a loo at their website, I imagine you can do it by email. I see little point in speaking to the agent further.

Just to conclude this thread.

I got a letter from my LA today, ironically 48 hours after sending the TDS an email with my concerns.

States that it has all been done, with only a £20 deduction from my £515.00 deposit, just sign and return...

Would be all OK if they'd got my amount right - they owe me £700! They have the pleasure of my company on Saturday with my bank statements so i'll be getting the lot back!

Thanks for the advice guys.

G

Just to conclude this thread.

I got a letter from my LA today, ironically 48 hours after sending the TDS an email with my concerns.

States that it has all been done, with only a £20 deduction from my £515.00 deposit, just sign and return...

Would be all OK if they'd got my amount right - they owe me £700! They have the pleasure of my company on Saturday with my bank statements so i'll be getting the lot back!

Thanks for the advice guys.

G

Good for you, if you dont want to wave your bankstatements around, can you not check online as to how much DPS hold for you?

Well I'm still awaiting the certificate that I was apparently meant to receive...

I've printed some stuff off the website about the LA/LL's obligations, along with the reams of paper they gave to me at the start of the Tenancy.

On the TDS website, the LA is registered, but I need a code to see how much they have "held".

Well I'm still awaiting the certificate that I was apparently meant to receive...

I've printed some stuff off the website about the LA/LL's obligations, along with the reams of paper they gave to me at the start of the Tenancy.

On the TDS website, the LA is registered, but I need a code to see how much they have "held".

They are actually not in complaince with TDS regulation then, as not only are they meant to protect the deposit they are also meant to send you certain 'prescibed information' (details of which scheme, how to get it back at end of tenancy, the code etc). Unfortunatley there is little you can do at this stage as you are likley to recieve the certificate etc shortly. Keep this in mind if you are taking up another tenancy, you should recieve this 'prescribed information'

Thanks Planner,

I'm actually traveling the world this year, hence for my urgency is resolving this quickly.

If they can't produce any evidence of the deposit being in the TDS, would it be worth pursing? I'd imagine it's likely to take months to drag through court etc...

Thanks Planner,

I'm actually traveling the world this year, hence for my urgency is resolving this quickly.

If they can't produce any evidence of the deposit being in the TDS, would it be worth pursing? I'd imagine it's likely to take months to drag through court etc...

No because they can retrospectivley give you the prescribed information.

And yes it would take months and you would have to appear in person at the county court.

No probs,

I was considering speaking to the local press about the company "anonymously" as they've been a pain throughout my stay and this would just top it all off - especially with the current financial climate.

Either way, i'll be getting back my deposit £20 shy of what I gave them so I'm pretty happy.

G

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not to drag this one on forever but i'm still waiting...

Yep, a solid month of ME phoning them, every week, to be fobbed off by another excuse - i've even been told the weather we had a few weeks back was part of the problem!

I've written a letter of complaint to the manager to get a Full and Final response before I pop off to the TDS for my money back...

Just a small side note, be very wary of Frank Innes Letting up in the Notts area...