debt collection agencies

1foxie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

We have been paying off our debts through Payplan, a debt management company, for 2 years.

I was reading some threads on here and was suprised, no shocked, to see that debt collection agencies cant actually enforce/pursue a debt, without a true client credit agreement!!

So all i have to do is write to them, and they have to supply this document or i dont have to pay them???

Even though i have been paying them for the past 2 years?

What are the chances of them actually having this document though.

The companies are Moorcroft, Reliable Collections, Apex and 1st credit.

Does this work for banks as well as Capital one are still adding interest to an acoount that started off as £200 and is now considerably higher.

i would expect very few of the 'usuals' you list to have the docs required.

i'd fire off a few CCa's, and then wait the required 12+2 working days.

i would not at this stage defer payments to them .

there are other interesting outcomes should any DCA fail to have the correct paperwork, like 'can i get my money back' and 'they defaulted me to CRA's'

i would be inclined to do so reading.

the more you read the stronger you become

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Get the letter from the template letters and send it out with a £1 postal order to each of the companies you are involved with (who you supposedly owe money to).

Do not sign the letter and put in big bold letters I DO NOT AKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Hello again. Just noticed that Reliable collections have 2 addresses one is a po box at the head of there letters and one is a head office address in small print at the bottom, which one should i use?

Ish. Depends on the circumstances.

But if you have a manageable payment plan set up, you do owe the debts and there has been no dodgy dealings then I am confident you would not seek to avoid your debts.

Edit... wow...I go for a drink an loads of posts.....I was replying to post 2...

you'll find as the weeks and months go by that the amount of knowledge and courage you accumulate will genuinely surprise you,when you look back to today.....

people have to understand that DCA's thrive on fear and ignorance of the law,something which is gradually changing.......and they HATE it

I have to say it was a big shock, that i was not aware of anything that i have read so far.These companies are heartless and unscrupulous, and are operating almost lawlessly.I dread to think affect there letters would have on the meeker people in society.Disgusting!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. So have sent all my CCA letters off. Today have had a reply from Moorcroft who say they are actively seeking a CCA and will forward it when they get it, and that my account is on hold.However at the bottom of the letter they say 'Please could you give and indication of the information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the Court or providing information to the relevant statutory authoritios, in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.'Do i have to answer this?Thankyou.

Als they have sent back the Postal Order on the debt for BT and said that i should read BT's terms and conditions, and should there be any areas that i still feel to be in dispute i should contact them, until that the time the outstanding balance is still due. Does anybody know if BT have a special clause in thier Terms and Conditions, that says they dont need to provide a CCA?