Been a Mug!!! Need Urgent Debt Help

blossomgreen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes well thats what i meant when i said they are of limited use, at least you can now do the dmp on your own, now that they have all had I&E summaries and pro-rata offers

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya blossom

i understand totally your frustration with cccs, i had this happen to me last year albeit i was a little unsure about the cca details of requesting them etc etc, however, i got to a point of assessing my sitauation with them but then i found nationaldebtline and to tell you the truth never looked back

i had managed to start understanding the pro rata info better from nationaldebtline site, with cag and the info i gleaned here im educating myself and on times ive had to contact nationaldebtline i found them informative and helpful to me.

there is lots of self help info on their site and also they will send out a booklet to you i found that useful in lots of ways

so like creditcardmug has said you can do your own dmp yourself as long as you put in the income and expenditure correctly and truthfully the creditors can either accept it or not, and your choice of whether you continue to pay those even if they dont accept it, if it gets to court you can show your willingness of your payments made anyway which of course would be what you can realistically afford. The court wont make you pay more than what you can afford

that last year was my main worry, and now that ive learnt more im so much more aware of what creditors do and what they cant do even with their threats are useless unless you get a court action paperwork - then cag can help you put in a defence

pls take a breath and a step back, and do a budget a realistic one cover all the bases and what is then left is your disposable income from that do your pro rata payments on who you are willing to pay

hope ive helped to reassure you in some small way

anything i can help with pls let me know take care laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

We did our own after getting the letters pack from the citizens advice bureau. It worked well for a while when we could afford to pay £200 or so a month but then when things got worse and we went down to offering £1 some of the creditors kicked off - which was when I found CAG. And then found that 90% of them hadn't got valid CCAs.

The citizens advice letters were useful - I think using their name in the letters carried some weight.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON