Jamieleeuk vs the No Smoking Game

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have smoked since being 16, quite a late starter in today's age. I'm now 24 and regularly smoked 15 a day. I found it was more routine than the actual craving for smoking and for me, it was just convincing myself that I didn't need the nicotine and that going to the back door for a ciggie just wasn't worth the effort.

Another thing which has helped me stop smoking has been something so simple, it's a little strange and i'm sure some poeple will be locked up under the mental health act for doing it but - when I decided to stop smoking, although I weren't addicted to the nicotine, I just basically said out loud to myself, J, you have a choice, can you say no to this cig. So I said that to myself "I don't need this one yet", and then again a few hours later "I don't need this one yet".

It's only been since January 1st admittedly, but I haven't had nor cravaed a cigarette and I feel a lot more comfortable than I did when I stopped for 4 months a few years back.

I have done the social events and not craved a ciggie with my beer so I think (fingers crossed) I have beaten it this time - it also comes down to my partner who also smokes but has put herself through torment reducing her fag intake by 80% to 2 a day!

So far, since Jan 1st, we have saved roughly £40 between us!

Well done if it works use it, i only stopped yesterday using NRT (patches). I have stopped so many times i have lost count and i hate feeling so reliant on them but this time i am so determand to stay off them i would do anythink. Just a warning message to everyone though please be very careful with Champix and Zyban they do work for a lot of people but they can also caurse a lot of side effects including depression mood swings and even aggresssive behaviour towards people. I have first hand expeariance of Zyban as i worked for Glaxo when they made them and i used them, scary depression and i have never suffered from depression befor or since and i believe Champix can be even worse so please be careful with any thing that messes with the brain.To be positive both my wife and i have stopped (20 a day each) £10 a day £70 a week £300 a month £3600 a year, god thats a good holiday!!! SO DETERMAND WE WILL WIN THIS TIME !!!

Well good luck Dodger - thats an awful lot of cash to save in a year and will be a good incentive to stop - not to mention the health benefits!

Thanks for the info on Zyban, a family member was talking about that and he said there weren't any side effects... i will tell him to read up on that!