• Tweets

• Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA sent this in response to CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I sent my CCA request to MBNA and received this today. They were on day 12.

Image removed

There then follows a copy of December`s statement along with a transaction history.

I am a bit concerned about the fact that I applied onlne-is that relevant?

I hope you can help, I am in a daze:(

Edited by lollipop73

Lolly, I'm still learning myself... it's a more up to date agreement than the one i have, and it does appear to contain the required terms before the signature box..

But what bothers me is the £25 default charge.. I'm sure by this time there was legislation limiting these charges to £12...

More experienced caggers will i hope give you a more reliable opinion on the rest.. but this does make me smell a rat...

worth looking at further...sorry i can't be more help

FOTN

Thanks for taking the trouble to have a look at it. On the transaction history there are PPI payments at the beginning which I complained about at the time and only after a tussle did they stop taking the money-never received a refund though, and I will have to have a look at the charges too. Hoping someone else will have a gander then-again thanks anyway

hmmmmmmm

I hate online agreements....with a passion

they could just print up any old rubbish and edit it and say you ticked it

it does look ok though.....with ifs and buts

what you have here is a multiple agreement of sorts

you have PPI added and I cant see any reference to the ppi credit arrangement.......someone more knowledgeable will be along I'm sure

try looking or asking here ...> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements.html

rgds

dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

It was added, and although it was a while ago I could swear I didn`t tick it, I complained about it afterwards and after a few rude calls ( on their side) they finally cancelled it, BUT now I am at odds with them...................shouldn`t I have had a full refund of all monies paid. And should I send a letter about the charges-they did indeed charge me the £25 and not the £12 I have been told about.

I have rescanned the stuff they sent back to me-this time blanking out my details properly thatnks for warning me

They are calling daily-I now let the answer machine pick up, of course I know it`s them when they just put the phone down without leaving a message.

I am going through the transaction history and find they have taken about £400 worth of PPI. At the time I complained I was told they could only cancel it with thirty days notice-which I believed even though I disputed that I ever asked for it in the first place.

Should I also have received a copy of the PPI T&Cs-not just the note that says (at top of page 4) ".........can be viewed by clicking the Terms and conditions link at the top of this page."

------------maybe it`s nothing but...........clicking the Terms and conditions, noting the capitalised T in mid sentence, does this seem a cut and paste job to anyone? Probably nothing.

The problem is I don`t have the money to pay what they are asking for-it just doesn`t exist, and every conversation we have with them they ask for differing amounts when we try to come to some acceptable repayment arrangement. I don`t think I have spoken to a single normal employee in all that time-every single one of them appears to be the department manager-laughable.

MBNA1.jpg

MBNA2.jpg

MBNA3.jpg

MBNA4.jpg

MBNA5.jpg

MBNA6.jpg

As I have requested it via CCA request-shouldn`t I also have received on paper something with sections 4-16?

Edited by lollipop73

Hi All,

I am considering sending this in response-although I can`t afford to pay them comfortably I do feel obliged to pay them moneyI have in fact had.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

XXXXXX

Anytime January 2009

Re acc no XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your response to my request for a credit card agreement.

There are some issues I do not comprehend as yet and would appreciate further clarification.

I am aware that the agreement you sent me contains what is to all appearances a digital signature, but I have serious concerns that it also shows that I signed a PPI agreement which I do not believe I did.

I was not in a position to benefit from the Insurance should I have attempted to claim it-a fact which I raised with your company after noticing it had been added to my account, during a difficult telephone conversation with a man who refused to cancel the insurance upon request(offering me no other option but to keep it I may add). Thus I rang again immediately after terminating this fruitless conversation to complain to a department manager, who assured me the matter would be dealt with. Put simply, it wasn`t so it was left to myself to send you a letter regarding it-a copy of which I am sure you kept and I did too. Of course all of these incidents will be recorded by yourselves and are very easily investigated. I would like to thank you for forwarding me a transaction history for it has made me aware that all the PPI was never refunded to me and the sum of XXX XXX less one refund of XXXXX remained in your possession. It may seem curious that I have never spotted it before-my husband-Mr XXXX XXXXXX dealt with all the household bills at that time and I only handled issues when it required the accountholder to do so-posting cheques or send e payments fell within his remit at the time-that is not the case any longer.

Of course I want the sum and any interest you have charged on it refunding back to my account, so as to get an accurate idea of my immediate-and pressing financial situation.

There also appears to be a £25.00 late payment charge I am sure you are aware of recent decisions fixing the threshold at £12.00 again the difference refunding along with any interest that the additional sum of £13.00 will have accrued seems to be the norm here.

I also require some information regarding some other items on the transaction history-I`m sure, as you have offered clarification, you don`t mind.

Some of which I understand clearly and some I don`t

01-purchases made using card

33-payment made to yourselves

04-interest charged on purchases made by card

18-payment protection refund

12-late payment charge

47-interest charged on using the cheques you supplied

35-unpaid direct debit

21-charge levied for an unpaid direct debit

45-finance charge

19-fee for going over credit limit

I`m sure they are a matter for your own internal usage and record keeping but I do need to understand, if you wouldn`t mind pointing them out for me, where in the credit agreement these charges - 47,21,19 and 45 are referred to-I just can`t see it, perhaps they are in sections 4-16 which were not contained within the documentation you recently forwarded to me. ( I`m sorry but I can`t ...........“click terms and conditions link at the top” ..............of a sheet of A4).

To make a step in the right direction I will need to begin to make payments to yourselves, Each time I have had telephone conversation with members of your staff-oddly all of which are the Departments Manager the amount required has differed, and besides I did have a verbal arrangement with yourselves to pay XXX per month for three consecutive months whilst I reviewed our finances, an arrangement which was later denied by a member of staff-again another Department manager a few days before the last payment fell due.

I have since made no further payments to yourself, despite calls made to your department by my husband with myself present-because both times different sums were offered to him. Because of this we are seeking further advice, but wish to begin making payments we can afford.

We do not wish to ignore this debt or not pay any monies which we owe, but like all our other creditors you must accept that only after our necessary expenses are paid eg Mortgage, council tax, food bills etc will we turn to your bills.

Due to the unreliable nature of the arrangements made over the phone I will no longer accept or respond to anything other than written correspondence, and will view any further telephone calls regarding the unpaid amounts as harrassment-from which I have legal protection-which I will invoke should you choose to continue. I feel that it is reasonable for me to ask for written contact only.

I also feel it is reasonable to ask for a real Manager who actually has some authority over this situation to deal with this matter.

What do you guys think? Is this a mistake? We can afford a certain amount each month but certainly nowhere near the amounts they keep talking about.

The amount you are able to repay is entirely at your discretion. Believe me, if you said X amount they would ask for XX amount. If you said you had XX amount left over they would want XXXX amount. It's never enough. Should they take you to Court and you can show you have done your best then you would look more favourably upon by the Court for making payments and the fact they want more from you doesn't make any difference. Ignore their demands for higher payments, pay what you can afford.

It's highly unlikely they will take you to Court anyway.

The National Debtline were very helpful with advise when i rang on the subject so give them a call if you haven't done so already. You can also ask them about ppi, unlawful charges and anything else about the agreement you need to know.

National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything