BPO Collections?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmm, odd.

Just got a phone call on my ex-directory, TPS home number. When I picked up, I got a recorded message from a company called BPO, very urgent, bla-bla, extremely important you call back on this number, bla-bla some more.

Now my CAGger ears twitched at the name BPO, as I thought it sounded familiar, and lo and behold, a quick search brings out BPO Collections.

The thing is... I'm not in debt. Well, I am, but regular debt, not arrears debt. :-)

The only one I have had issues with is the old (as in statute-barred) non-existant debt from Sky, last seen in the hands of Red Collections.

So does anyone know if there's a link between those 2 showers? I of course have no intention of calling back, but it would be nice to know what this is about. :-?

According to Companies House, BPO was incorporated in Jan 06; they registered as data controllers in Jan 07.

Their website is not compliant with the Companies Act 2006 because it does not contain their registered office address or registered number. Perhaps they didn't read the CSA code of conduct, even though they reproduce it on their website:

3. Legislation & Guidelines

a) Each member shall conduct its business lawfully, comply with all relevant UK legislation, regulation and judicial decisions and trade fairly and responsibly.

Maybe you should report them to the Registrar of Companies.

Their consumer credit licence dates from Apr 06, and the OFT gives their trading name as Brydon Parker Orr.

BPO also appear to operate another company called iResponse Centres Ltd.

• Haha 1

Interesting. I did see they reproduced the CSA code of conduct on their site, and I was musing on the action of leaving an automated message (when I answered the phone, mind, so with no intention of actually talking to me there and then) without stating who and what they actually are. They only identify themselves as "BPO" and do not state what they're calling about. Interestingly, they give a normal phone number, not a lo-call or premium no, presumably knowing that most people won't call back such a number.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they called again and this time, we got a real person... She spoke to Mr BW first and I could hear him floundering even though I was shouting the answers (statute-barred, prove the debt etc..) at him, so he said "hang on, speak to my wife, she deals with all of this" and passed me the phone... So this Scottish lass says to me: "Well, I am not going to speak to you about this" and I said: "that's good, because I have no intention to speak to you either: If you have something to say, put it in writing." and then she hung up. :-D

Unfortunately, Mr BW had confirmed our address (honestly, have I taught this man nothing? :rolleyes:) so now they know we are still around, so I expect a new round of letters soon.

Oh yes, and they have confirmed that this is still the old Sky non-debt. And according to them, it's not statute-barred, it goes back to 2004. Neat trick, since we have been with Telewest since forever.... :razz:

Just trawling through my old PC to try and retrieve my previous letters, and I found one addressed to Lowells from Sept 2004 telling them I hadn't been with Sky for 2-3 years, so... last time we were with Sky was about 2001/2002... I'm thinking I could have some fun with this. :-D