Help needed with ford credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be that the only way of resolving this may be in court....a Subject Access Request might be a good idea (and specifically ask for all copies of default notices !!).....the letter is dated 30th January and they are asking you to refer to the default notice which expired on the 3rd February (obviously one that you didn't receive !!! AND which they hadn't printed yet by the looks of things!!) I think they could possibly have screwed up big time...

Thanks 42man

Please could you give me some direction on which way to go with this, because they are being very difficult and rude on the phone.

What would the court make of the above letters?

An SAR might not be complied with before court, by the way they are dealing with me.

your help is much appreciated on this, as i have to answer their threats of court at some time.

Thanks GG

Thanks SP

The first is the letter thats states about the first DN that wasnt received.

the other 2 are the 2nd DN. Thanks for your help. GG

FORDLETTER.jpg

fordDN.jpg

FORDDN2NDPG.jpg

Are the arrears quoted and the other figures on th DN which you have blacked out accurate?

Can you scan your actual agreement up?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thanks again josie

in the first letter they did state that a default notice had already been served in jan, are they right to issue another 3 days after the first one expired?

Here is the agreement and terms.

GG

Fordagreementpg1.jpg

Fordagreementpg2.jpg

Fordagreementpg3.jpg

Fordagreementpg4.jpg

Thanks 42 man

Yes ive read that a few times and although i know its similar to mine im not clever enough to work out what's wrong with the DN'S and what to do next. I dont think ford's will do anything more until the 2nd DN run's out but i'd like to know what i have on my side, to put up a defence.

Please when you get a min if you could point out what to do next.

Thanks GG

Hi GG, had a read through your thread and can't really add anything to what's already been posted; I too would think that the £25 letter fees are penalty charges, rendering the arrears sums incorrect.

Think your best bet might be to PM X20 or PT. Alternatively, if they are too busy, could you seek legal advice? As you are temporarily on benefits I should think you might be able to get legal aid. If not, most solicitors give a 30 minute intial interview for free - might be enough to give you a clearer idea as to where you stand.

Best of luck to you:)

I didn't think they could issue two DN's on the same account?

It also begs the question, if they are refusing your offer and telling you to pay up by the end of the first DN on the 3rd, why then allow you another 20 odd days by issuing a second one? Surely the best for them would be to just terminate and claim the lot?

Have you SAR'd them yet? I think this is imperative if you haven't, as I agree that it looks like they're playing silly beggers with you.

Also, you could try pm'ing banker_rhymes_with to have a look at your thread - he's pretty good with defaults.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

YW

The other thing that springs to mind is that it could be worth checking it's set out correctly etc.

If you have a look in the statutes library, in the link that is for CCA1974 and related docs, the defaults bit is there. They may have screwed up on the form, you never know...

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

As I said, DNs are not my particular area of expertise but from what I do know, the DN in post #21 looks valid, as does the HP agreement.

However, if the first DN that you didn't recieve was the same as the (puported) second one, then under 3a) they terminated the agreement on 3 February and therefore the second DN is invalid 'cos you can't default an account that is closed.

So

a) they never sent the first DN and the second is therefore the first (if you see what I mean :rolleyes:) and it is valid

OR

b) they did send the first DN which was presumably valid but the second is unlawful