• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

When do cravings reduce?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm quitting using will power only.

I've managed 35 hours now, which have consisted of cravings every 1-2 hours lasting about 3/5 mins. When the cravings hit I go through every excuse in my mind as to why I should give in, 'It's my Birthday in March, I'll quit then' 'I'll just cut down instead' ect ect.

I've smoked for 8 years. Hand rolled tabacco. I've resisted so far. But could anyone please tell me when the cravings start to reduce? I should have seen a GP really and maybe got patches. If the cravings continue at this consistant strong rate then I may have to reconsider.

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

Got bad news for you Happy - they don't go. I gave up smoking for a year and then started again. A friend hasn't smoked for 15 years but still admits to the odd craving. Get the patches quick otherwise you will just find excuses to start again.

Hi,

I'm quitting using will power only.

I've managed 35 hours now, which have consisted of cravings every 1-2 hours lasting about 3/5 mins. When the cravings hit I go through every excuse in my mind as to why I should give in, 'It's my Birthday in March, I'll quit then' 'I'll just cut down instead' ect ect.

I've smoked for 8 years. Hand rolled tabacco. I've resisted so far. But could anyone please tell me when the cravings start to reduce? I should have seen a GP really and maybe got patches. If the cravings continue at this consistant strong rate then I may have to reconsider.

May i start with well done happyfeet, its tough isn't it...

but dont worry the cravings do go away, its just harder for some, just depends on how much you want to quit, stick at it, avoid things you did with a ciggie in your mouth, i stopped feb 2003 on willpower alone and never looked back, but its different for everyone, just dont have a sneaky ciggie, you will never quit having a sneaky, so learn how to ignore them demons in your head..lol and you will get through.....My mate used NHS smoking advisers they helped him quit for good, their number is 0800 169 0 169...

So good luck and keep us informed on your progress:)

Lets get First Plus interest rates down

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FirstplusInterestRates/

Thanks everyone,

I'm still holding out. I don't want to smoke, so far I've not missed the smoking as an action but I just keep getting these damn cravings. They have been a little less today, but not much, yesterday they were terrible! so hopefully I'll be one of the luckier ones and I'll escape.

It's been nearly 40 hours now and when the cravings pass I feel better already, so the early benefits are showing.

Hopefully I'll feel better as each day passes to keep me going. I've taken down the NHS number from your post. 2 days doesn't seem long but I don't want to ruin it now so if things don't start to ease a little bit I'll give them a ring. One thing I do want to ask them is if the inhalator is available on prescription so I may ring them now anyway (would ask the GP but don't trust a word they say about anything anyway)

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

Despite my gloomy post above, most people I know who have successfully given up reckon that the eighth day is when it starts to get much easier.

Might be worth seeing your GP - there is a drug called Zyban which is a slow release capsule (apparently it is quite expensive, so you may not have much luck). It is a 6 week course.

• Haha 1

Try the fake drag – it really helped me. All you do is bring your fingers up to your mouth (as if you were holding a cigarette) take a long hard drag for about 3 seconds – then inhale through your mouth for about 10 seconds – then exhale through your mouth for about 10 seconds.

What you’re actually doing is deep breathing – which helps to calm you down. Once you are calm you can pat yourself on the back for not giving in to the craving.

One of the excuses we use to have a fag is to calm down – once you realize that you can calm down without inhaling all them nasty chemicals it starts to get a bit easier – one less reason to smoke.

• Haha 1

I found this again and found it useful. I had it printed out and posted by my 'puter, just to 'remind me', I hope it helps.

Within 20 minutes - Blood pressure and pulse rate start to return to normal

Within 8 Hours - Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half. Oxygen levels return to normal.

Within 24 Hours - Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body. Lungs start to clear out mucus and other smoking debris. You won't believe the gunge that comes up at first as your body begins to re-grow cilia, the tiny hairs that line your airways and help push up impurities from your lungs - your smoking destroyed these.

Within 48 Hours - There is no nicotine left in the body. Ability to taste and smell is greatly improved

Within 72 Hours - Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase

Within 2-12 weeks - Circulation rapidly improves

Within 3-9 months - Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as lung functions are increased by up to 10%. Personally, my smokers cough actually disappeared after 4-5 days!

Within 5 years - Risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker

Within 10 years - Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker. Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nice one Mr Lex... But if its a money thing.......

Mon............................................. £5.50

Tues............................................£11.00

Wed.............................................£16.50

Thurs…. .......................................£22.00

Fri……………………………….....................£27.50

Sat………………………………....................£33.00

Sun………………………………....................£38.50

Mon…........It's Getting Much Easier....£44.00

Tues……………………………….................. £49.50

Wed………………………………....................£55.00

Thurs………………………………..................£60.50

Fri………………………………......................£66.00

Sat……………………………….....................£71.50

Sun….God why did I ever smoke………….£77.00

Mon…............................................ £82.50 Saving

Tues…............................................£88.00 Based on 20 a day

Wed……………………………….....................£93.50 1 Year

Thurs………………………………...................£99.00 Save....£2002

Fri……………………………….......................£104.50

Sat………………………………......................£110.00

Sun………………………………......................£115.50

Mon……………………………….....................£121.00

Tues………………………………................ ...£126.50

Wed Bet you feel better ............……....£132.00

Thurs………………………………...................£137.50

Fri……………………………….......................£143.00

Sat………………………………......................£148.50

Sun………………………………......................£154.00

Good luck again........

• Haha 1

Lets get First Plus interest rates down

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FirstplusInterestRates/

I recomend a pinch of snuff and nicotine chewing gum when the cravings get intense...i quit ten years ago, still have the odd pinch now and again.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

If you think back on the time you have stopped, you will realise that the only time you had a craving was when you were doing nothing ie; sat in from of the tv.

When you are busy, there is no craving, so the one answer is to keep busy.

Things like if you have a ciggy after dinner, don't sit around, as soon as you have finishe the meal, get up and wash the dishes.

It's little things like that that keep it from your mind.

You probably have realised that the craving is heaviest when you are alone and the mind can wander.

Wow, thanks everyone:)

Mr lex that chart really helps, to see the good things that happen is a big boost.

atwozee, you're quite right, it does work. I pretend I'm smoking when I do it and it does stop the craving, thank you so much.

davidg007, my tobacco cost 2.60 a day, it did once cost 2.10 (and that wasn't so long ago!) so I've written out a forumla with my costs using the base that you've given me and I'm already saving money. Spare cash is easier to find now:)

Paul, what is snuff? I'm sorry, I just haven't heard of it before?

Conniff, as always you are right:D and my house is now cleaner! infact, I'm running out of bits to clean:)

Trilby, I was going to ask about Zyban as I've seen it mentioned quite alot but I wasn't sure what it was, so thank you for the post, you've saved me from asking:)

Thanks everyone,

all scales tipped for all your help and support (Don't stop yet though:eek:)

I was going to ask about Zyban as I've seen it mentioned quite alot but I wasn't sure what it was, so thank you for the post, you've saved me from asking

I did Zyban and NRT before I found out about 'Champix' (other wise known as 'dog food'). Zyban had a bad effect on me, bad dreams, turned me nasty, (thats just not me) Champix is an expensive drug, but has little in the way of side effects, If you want to give it a go, you may have to tell the powers that be you have tried everything else.

I don't agree with NRT, I know it's the NHS favorite method, but to me it's like telling an alcoholic he can't have his Vodka, so drink some Gin until you get used to the idea. :D

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just reading Davids post reminds me of many years ago when our son was around 6 or 7. They must have been talking about smoking in school because he came home one day and said "If you and mum stopped smoking, we could buy a caravan".

Nice to see the school put it into an object that the kids could relate to.

He, by the way, has never smoked, so early learning can make a difference.

• Haha 1

I am also using the 'dog food' method ..... in my case I have tried everything apart from Zyban (Lex my NHS support seems to favour the dog food over the NRT) Will power alone has never worked for me , patches what can I say apart from the fact that I ended up smoking while wearing the patches :oops:, Hypnotherapy was the the one that worked longest for me 12 months nicotine free (that was 14yrs ago ) I tried the Inhalator when they first came out as well but that dosent break the 'hand to mouth' habit.

Champix seems to be working over 2 weeks nicotine free with minimal cravings I find having a coffee helps with that (that hand to mouth habit im sure ;-))

Keep up the good work and I'm sure that we will beat nicotine together :)

• Haha 1

There are two words that can be tied together here, craving and want.

You have to be honest with yourself, you have to 'want' to give up and not just 'like' to.

Big difference. There is no bigger liar than a smoker telling himself he wants to give up.

I think most smokers want to give up – most just don’t know how to go about it though and that’s why NRT has gotten so big and I think the makers of NRT want you to believe it’s harder to quit than it actually is.

Keep going happyfeet – remember, 2 fingers to the lips and you’re actually telling the cigarette to Foxtrot Oscar.

Before you know it the nasty smell of cigarettes will put you off for good – try smelling the breath of a smoker who has just finished a cigarette – yak.

Agree with all that atwozee, but it does ultimately come down to willpower. No amount of nocotine substitutes can helkp with the willpower, that is all up to you.

That's not a problem for happyfeet, we know she will do it. The want is definately there or she wouldn't have started this thread.

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for your replies:)

I'm doing well so far. It's now become routine not to smoke, if that makes any sense. So whereas when I first quit the routine was to smoke in certain situations, now it's become routine not too.

My head feels clearer aswell.

The one thing I have really noticed is other peoples smoke. Just walking down the street I can smell the smoke well before I see the person doing it. I'd never realised it was that strong before:eek:

The cravings are so much easier to deal with now and if I do start to struggle then I go on the interent and remind myself of the damage it can do and consider myself lucky. I know it's not a very nice thing to be doing but now that I'm a non smoker:) I'm not hiding from the dangers of it now. So it's shock tactics that I'm using on myself, and they work very very well.

and of course everyones support here is a huge help!

Just a warning message to everyone please be very careful with Champix and Zyban they do work for a lot of people but they can also caurse a lot of side effects including depression mood swings and even aggresssive behaviour towards people. I have first hand expeariance of Zyban as i worked for Glaxo when they made them and i used them, scary depression and i have never suffered from depression befor or since and i believe Champix can be even worse so please be careful with any thing that messes with the brain. That does not mean that there isnt help out there if you need it use it its a case of what ever works for you to get off the dreaded weed so dont suffer if you dont have to and good luck.

Just a warning message to everyone please be very careful with Champix and Zyban they do work for a lot of people but they can also caurse a lot of side effects including depression mood swings and even aggresssive behaviour towards people. I have first hand expeariance of Zyban as i worked for Glaxo when they made them and i used them, scary depression and i have never suffered from depression befor or since and i believe Champix can be even worse so please be careful with any thing that messes with the brain. That does not mean that there isnt help out there if you need it use it its a case of what ever works for you to get off the dreaded weed so dont suffer if you dont have to and good luck.

No they damned well don't. :)

I hope you took that as the joke it was intended to be. :)

I think the greatest part is being honest with yourself and really wanting to give up.

If you don't really 'want' to give up but are doing it for health or financial reasons, or just because not smoking is the in thing, it will be a lot harder.