Riv's CCCA Journey...

rivendale0506
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I spent 13 hours!!!! trawling through the site yesterday so am a bit bog-eyed this morning. I cannot believe that amount of information on here!

Anyway, I have decided to CCA my credit card and loan companies to see whether they can provide an enforceable agreement.

I do however still have a few questions which I haven't been able to answer in my post reading...

1) I am currently up to date with all payments - if they cannot provide an enforceable agreement am I right in thinking that they cannot default me if I stop paying until they do?

2) Are loans covered by the CCA rules?

3)All of my cards and loans are pre-2005

They are:

Egg (green card) (prob pre 2000)

Nationwide (credit card) (prob pree 2000)

Amex Gold (prob pre 1995)

Egg Loan (pre 2000)

Given people's experiences what are the chances of these companies having enforceable agreements?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help that might be available

Riv

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

believe me

if you stop making payments, they will default you

no agreement does not mean the debt does not exsist.

it puts you in a better position in negotiating with them.

no agreement means they dont have your permission to process your data, but this does not stop them

no agreement is a tool used if you have defaults on other accounts so another default means squat

its a real pain and takes a long time getting a default removed.

put it this way

if you have a decent credit file, why tarnish it for six years

believe me

if you stop making payments, they will default you

no agreement does not mean the debt does not exsist.

it puts you in a better position in negotiating with them.

no agreement means they dont have your permission to process your data, but this does not stop them

no agreement is a tool used if you have defaults on other accounts so another default means squat

its a real pain and takes a long time getting a default removed.

put it this way

if you have a decent credit file, why tarnish it for six years

Hmmmm I think I have misunderstood - I thought it was a criminal offence for them to register your details with a CRA if the debt was unenforceable and also against Data Protection etc. I am confused now!!

I dont currently have any other defaults, BUT this is only because I am robbing peter to pay paul every month and am so stressed with it.

I don't want defaults on my credit file, but at the end of the day I don't want more credit anyway so am thinking does it really matter if they do? Its just the principle of them doing it that ticks me off if it is illegal for them to do so. What recourse do you have in that case?

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

dca,cra and creditors are a law unto them selves

they know that people who regulate them rarly get involved unless you push them

you are correct that they should not register your details with an out side agency with out an agreement but you will spend a year of letter writing and in the end it will be down to a court to decide to remove any negative info

its fine telling them to get stuffed with no agreement, but that will not stop any default on your cra

prepare for an onslaught from a number of dca

if you have not had the pleasure of that experience, i would not recomend it, that can be delt with but again takes time and letter writing

Hi thnks for your reply.

Am really struggling financially and having read around on the forum, thought (maybe mistakenly) that if they can't come back with enforceable agreements I might be able to get them to accept reduced payments.

Maybe I should just write to them all with an income/expenditure form and ask them to accept recdued payments. BUT won't they still record these reduced payments on my credit card file?

Won't the final outcome still be the same? i.e. credit file will be rubbish