Fighting back againt Bexely Council Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To start off I had parked off in a bay to get my hair cut but after coming out I find I have a ticket on window. Strait away I see the Traffic Officer walking up the road so I call him and explain the situation. I had bought a ticket which shows that I still had over 15 minutes left of parking but the ticket had blown on to the seat. I told the traffic officer this and he was vey helpful and made a note in his notebook. He told me to send the ticket off to the council and to say what I had told him.

I waited till I recieved a letter before doing this and when I did revieve one, I sent them a photocopy of the ticket stating what what happened.

Now a week later they have denied my letter and state i still have to pay as it was a pay and display. Also the most shocking part which I find awful is the Traffic officer says he did not speak nor see me when he clearly did.

I have 28 days to appeal (which I will be) but I need to know what to right to back to prove Im not guilty of this offence.

I belive there are templates but I'm not to sure which one will be best suited for this..

Any links or information will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Will

First of all, do not send any original documents to these people.

You should keep notes of what you said to the CEO, about the situation.

Starting by time, day, date and location about what was said and replied back to you.

Send in duplicate copies of your evidence.

Make notes about phone call, who you spoke to and what was said.

Then go out and get some pictures of the parking bay, showing end of by markings at both ends. Also what is painted on the floor regading what sort of bay it is. Then pics of signs and lines near the bay, and of the ticket machine.

In your notes it is vital that you record everything that goes on. Time, day, date and location.

Was this ticket issued by the council, or a private one.?

I have not sent the orginal copy of the ticket, only a photo copy of the front and back. I was parked in the bay and in the lines but the issue is that the ticket was not displayed in the window as it had blown down on to the seat.

They have sent me back ''Digital'' photgraphs of my car with the parking ticket on the window and no ticket showing on the dash.. If I'm correct digital photo's are not acceptable in court as they can be edited where as film photo's cannot.

I have all the time's, date's of each occurance so far. Including time of speaking to the officer, when parking ticket was displyed on the window and the date of which I have recieved letter from them.

My next step is how to appeal as they have sent me a letter for it.

Do I state what I have said to the CEO as he is deniying any verble between us. I find this the most annoying part as he seemed so honest with me at the first situation of getting the ticket.

The ticket and bays might be invalid anyway (assuming this is the council).

We need see photos and a scan of both sides of the PCN, minus personal details.

I can scan the images that were sent ot me but I cant upload them as my computer does not have the software to do it.

The parking ticket was issued at 2:56pm and the diplay ticket was valid until 3:15pm. They are stating as it was not displayed I have to pay the fine.

I have a photo of the parking sign which i will upload thirst thing tommorow.

I can scan the images that were sent ot me but I cant upload them as my computer does not have the software to do it.

You only need a web browser to upload. No account is necessary for ImageShack.

1. Goto ImageShack® - Image Hosting

2. Click the 'browse' button and browse to the scanned image on your hard drive.

3. Click the 'host it' button and wait a min until the image is displayed

4. Now cut n paste the full text under 'Hotlink for forums (1)' directly into your post on this site .. voila (The following is one I prepared earlier)

ticketnoticeedit400lj0.jpg

w400.png

The parking ticket was issued at 2:56pm and the diplay ticket was valid until 3:15pm. They are stating as it was not displayed I have to pay the fine.

Technically you do, the fine is for 'not displaying a ticket' not for 'not buying a ticket'. The Council can decide to cancel the ticket using discretionary powers but just presenting a valid ticket after issue is neither 100% proof that you bought a ticket nor is it automatic grounds for cancellation.