wellie81 & Lloyds TSB

wellie81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since my husband & I lost our joint job back in July 2008, we contacted Lloyds straight away to let them know what our current situation was with our finances (as we did all of our creditors). We have 2 accounts with LLoyds (Platinum & Classic) + my husband has a Credit card with them, we were able to keep on top of our finances for the 1st 6weeks basically by robbing Peter to pay Paul, but then in the last week of August they hit us with £200 worth of charges for the 2 accounts, this just completely threw everything up in the air but worse of all for us, the money that they took to pay they're charges included our Housing Benefit & Child Tax Credit's, which I was reliant on the HB to pay my rent later on that week & the CTC which I use for food, Utilities & fuel, this left us having to try & raise the funds needed for rent by selling things to Cash Convertors.We had an appointment with our manager but were more or less told tough luck!!

After that we went & opened a basic account with Halifax & have benefits payed in there to protect them from LLoyds. The Lloyds accounts now are not being used, all direct debits have been moved over to the new account, Lloyds keep adding monthly charges to both accounts (£500+ to date), texting my husband to call them & sending letters asking for me to pay some money in asap. The CC is getting intrest & charges aswell.

I've written to LLoyds asking for them to pay back the benefits, but all I've had is a letter back saying how sorry they are & that customer services are looking into it but it could take a long time(some court case which is ongoing), I've had another letter informing me of more charges being added. What I want to know is how do I correctly go about claiming back the benefit money & putting a stop to the charges.

This evening, I received a call from Lloyds about our accounts, I informed them that the account was in dispute & their customer services department had been informed of this and that I wanted all future correspondance to be in writing & no more phone calls, I refused to give my mobile number & made a note of his name.I then thanked him for his call & hung up.

A minute later, the same man rang up & told me that future correspondance would be in writing & untill I paid up what I owed they would continue to phone me, I said well thats harrasment & would report them he hung up!!...Is this now the start of Lloyds putting the preasure on me via telephone & how long should I put up before sending the harrasment letter(I am aware that 2 phone calls might not be classed as harrasment, but he did say that they would continue to phone me until I coughed up).

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick querry, have just received a letter from SECHIARI, CLARK & MITCHELL -Solicitors, they are using the same address as Lloyds TSB's consumer debt recovery team ...are they the same people just trying to send me a scary letter?