Roinson Way/Abbey

DJX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First can I say what a relief it is to find people in a similar position to me!!!

Also a lot of you seem very clued up so Im hoping for some help if possible.

Abbey have also sold my debt to Robinson Way - itwas for a loan taken out in 2006 for £10,000 which was paid normally until a year ago when I took out a DMP and they agreed to reduced monthly payments of £50 a month.

A letterarrived out of the blue two days ago saying that they had sold my debt to RW, all communication must be with them etc etc and that the balance was £16500!!! There was obviously nio number or address on the letter for Abbey, just for RW.

A letter arrived from RW today confirming the balance at £16,500 and that I should ask my DMP to pay them instead at the same amount.

My question is this- where on earth did they getthe £16500 figure from, how can I find out and how can I dispute it?I have paid off £6500 in total off a £65000 debt and this wipes out all those payments in one go and puts me back to square one!!

I hate banks