Abbey and Robinson Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So from doing a bit of research it appears Abbey has sold a large chunk of long term special repayment debt to the rapidly sinking fast Robinson Way. Other people on diff forums appear to have had long term plans and had a letter out of the blue.

The fact that it appears Robinson Way has bought the debt and not acting on behalf of Abbey is significant. I used to work for a DCA and the procedures we were given were different for "bought debt" as opposed to "acting on behalf". Bought debt was dead cheap and worth a shot in the dark. A lot of it was old and there was a high chance mail got returned as "gone away". When that happened the account got written off. Its a case of buying say for example a 100 accounts and if only 10 people start paying to you its classed as viable. However if problems arose they would write off as not economically viable to proceed. Abbey would have probably written off the debts themselves but if some stupid company offers you some money for them they snapped their hands off.

I am in the same boat and got a letter from Abbey. Abbey hasnt contacted me for over a year so as far as they know I could have moved away.

I will await the letter from RW if it ever comes. You never know when times are tough for a business you concentrate on your big contracts to retain them and not secondhand cheap debt.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Thanks for that insight, Moths. Robinson Way are in deep doodoo and certainly worth ignoring. Ernst and Baines are drawing up plans to sell the company but who will have the funds to buy a lot of old unenforceable debt? Their profits last year were over £6 million but I don't think that is much of a return on what will be a big portfolio. I think sites like CAG and others are making a bigger impact on DCAs than they will ever admit.

Ok, letter arrived.... mmmm

Anybody notice any differece to the letter - its not a typical 1st DCA letter - payment in full or else blah blah blah

Its a all future payments and letters sent to us and to call (don't think so:wink:) to discuss a payment plan letter.

Plan of action:

I'm going to ignore the letter. Lets see what the next one brings. Then I will send a CCA req.

Heres a thought - say if a ten tonne weight dropped on my head and I was to pay something (:-D) should't we be paying the administrators of the company??

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Interesting-I have been paying Abbey by DMPfor over a year now and a letter came two days ago saying they had sold debt to RW

RW wrote today saying infrom DMP thatthey wre now taking payments and carry on as normal-do you think it is worth writing too them and seeing what they would take as a settlement? The offer to pay that sum back in in stallments?

I wouldn't offer RW anything right now - they will shortly be up for sale and are part of a group in administration. Chances are if they get a buyer the smaller debts will be discarded. Also, I never knew a take-over where files weren't lost. Crapone is a case in point. They paid off 750 staff in August and are known to be struggling. I had an account in dispute with them which just disappeared off the face of the earth.

I didn't know about this latest development with Robinson Way , that is a shame . I hope their employees don't overspend at christmas. Never know what lies around the corner .. job security etc . Would not want their ex colleagues to be phoning them up to chastise them on irresponsible money management that gets them into debt. This event has a karmic symmetry that I find rather satisfying.

Out of the blue got a phone call from RW, came up on caller display as 0161 so was ready for them. Refused to confirm DOB and said CCA request sent in as well as confirmation that all correspondence to be put in writing. Her response - "Oh, ok then, goodbye"

They are not chasing this debt heavily as took over a week to call. I think its a case Abbey sold it as here is the debt, any queries or disputes we dont want to know about or get involved. A true Woolies style pick and mix, you might get the regular payers who will continue to pa RW and any CCA reqs will get written off.

Sent off CCA req today with £1 postal order...... lets see.....:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

£1 postal order returned in post today from RW.

They state that as bank accounts are not covered by any credit agreement. So RW have been learning!!!

They then ask to call to arrange a payment plan or see about a reduced settlement.

Definately bought debt as no DCA this early on would talk about a reduced settlement figure if they were acting on behalf of someone.

MMmmm, let me ponder my next step......