Can't meet payment on debts but debts include unfair charges.

columbus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Due to my current financial circumstances, I'm unable to make payments under a number of credit agreements (loans and CC's). I have seen a number of letter templates to send asking for time to sort my finances out but was also wondering whether there are any letter templates I could use to ask for time to sort out, request a copy of the credit agreements and a list of all charges on the accounts so that these can be deducted from the outstanding sums. I do not want to agree to owing the money if the amounts are actually far less than being asked for.

To summarise, is there one letter template that I can use for all three?

Thanks for any help.

Columbus

Hi columbus, welcome to CAG:) If you request your CCA they have 12 days from receipt of request to comply. After this you are perfectly entitled to stop payments if they do not furnish you with your agreement. To find out a list of all charges you would have to SAR them which costs £10 for each company. You could also speak to National Debtline who are really helpful and may allow you to get some control back. Don't worry, you have come to the right place for help and advice. Good luck:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

HI,

You can send them:

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 1234567890

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or its clients. (delete this line if you are not disputing the debt)

With reference to the above agreement, I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond with you further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement, under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. A full statement of account.

3. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

4. A copy of any other documents referred to in the agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. Please note that under no circumstances should this payment be set aside any alleged debt. If you are unable to supply the documentation requested, this fee should be returned.

I understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

But alot of them do not send a fullacount you could send a SAR:

Subject Access Request - Consumer Wiki

and edit it suit althought this is £9 dearer you shoudl get a full statment of your account

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for your help and suggestions. It is so difficult when you don't know who to turn to for help. I saw this site, explored some of the threads and concluded that people here understand because they have been through the mill themselves and really want to help. I must admit, I have been burying my head in the sand a little and losing many a nights sleep. Any help I can get from you guys (and gals) regards my debt situation would be so much appreciated. Trying to get through to both the National debt helpline and CAB is an absolute nightmare. Both my partner and I have quite a few credit card and loan debts that seem to be increasing through extra charges and interest and are becoming overwhelming.

Columbus

Thanks for your help and suggestions. It is so difficult when you don't know who to turn to for help. I saw this site, explored some of the threads and concluded that people here understand because they have been through the mill themselves and really want to help. I must admit, I have been burying my head in the sand a little and losing many a nights sleep. Any help I can get from you guys (and gals) regards my debt situation would be so much appreciated. Trying to get through to both the National debt helpline and CAB is an absolute nightmare. Both my partner and I have quite a few credit card and loan debts that seem to be increasing through extra charges and interest and are becoming overwhelming.

Columbus

Do as advised and forward the CCA request. Who are the providers? and when did you take them out?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill