CCA 1974 Enforcement order under section 127

Number6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was thinking about things in general, as you do, when this question popped into my head:

Suppose, as a debtor, you defend yourself against court action by a creditor on the basis of an unenforceable agreement. The judge then finds that the agreement is enforceable and you lose the case.

Would you then get an immediate CCJ for the amount that the creditor is pursuing you for or does the creditor just get a jugement that the agreement is enforceable and the creditor then has to pursue a further action to recover the money?

In other words if the agreement itself is in question does the creditor have to get an enforcement order first and then pursue the money or is the enforcement order and the money judgement one and the same?

Any legal minds care to cast an opinion?

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

is the enforcement order and the money judgement one and the same?

Yes, it's one and the same.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I was thinking about things in general, as you do, when this question popped into my head:

Suppose, as a debtor, you defend yourself against court action by a creditor on the basis of an unenforceable agreement. The judge then finds that the agreement is enforceable and you lose the case.

Would you then get an immediate CCJ for the amount that the creditor is pursuing you Yes for or does the creditor just get a jugement that the agreement is enforceable and the creditor then has to pursue a further action to recover the money? No because the question of whether its enforcable or not is secondary to the summons amount and challanged in your defence.All part and parcel of the same claim

In other words if the agreement itself is in question does the creditor have to get an enforcement order first and then pursue the money No or is the enforcement order and the money judgement one and the same? yes

Any legal minds care to cast an opinion?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 7 months later...

loads to ask

1) if the creditor has stretched the truth a bit how can I get the judge to listen to me?

2) If the creditor has served a default notice can they still charge 2 extra monthly payments?

3) if the creditor has relied on the CCA 1974 section 87(1) then at what point would the contract cease to be covered by the CCA ( when I tried to argue my points under the CCA they claimed it was a commercial contract)?

loads to ask

1) if the creditor has stretched the truth a bit how can I get the judge to listen to me?

2) If the creditor has served a default notice can they still charge 2 extra monthly payments?

3) if the creditor has relied on the CCA 1974 section 87(1) then at what point would the contract cease to be covered by the CCA ( when I tried to argue my points under the CCA they claimed it was a commercial contract)?

casbah u might be better off putting a link to ur thread if u have one or starting one if u havent, u will get more specific help that way