sacked because of tracking report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Ive been sacked because my timesheets dont match my tracking reports.

My ex boss verbally told everyone to book all times to the 1/4 of the hour, but he sacked me highlighting these times. All within tolerance.

My timesheets have been the same for 3 years, the same as everyone elses.

I HAD A JOB INTERVEIW ABOUT A MONTH AGO, AND A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER THE BOSS SAID "YOR LEAVING SOON ARNT YOU", I DID'NT COMMENT.

Has anyone else been sacked because of this?

Midge makes a good point:

a) Consistency of disciplinary action is very important. Thus if other employee's are doing this and no action is taken, this could make your dismissal unfair if you can prove it.

b) In addition the rule seems unclear as you were told by your boss 1/4 hour extra was ok

c) Custom and practice - if this happened for a long time are the new rules that the 1/4 hour is ok, you could argue this is in effect the 'rule'

Best of luck

Che

NB How long did you work there?

Edited by elche
Typo!

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

hi fellas

no, nobody else has been sacked for it, one of the lads booked 11 hours overtime the other week and he was told not to do it again.

the 1/4 of the hour rule was made to save administration costs, IE the girls in the office trying to total up minutes for the whole week.

i feel the boss's PA has knitpicked through my sheets looking for an excuse, ive since found out that the boss let his PA go 4 days later, what a guy?

It's perfectly acceptable to book to the 1/4 hour - most places do, i know i do.

Can you prove you wern't doing it for finacial gain? ie

Monday Finished @ 17.05 booked 17.00

Tuesday Finished @ 17.10 booked 17.15

Wednesday Finished @ 16.50 booked 17.00

Thursday Finished @ 16.35 booked 16.30

can you see where im going? if it was give and take and was generically accepted then you have a strong case of unfair dismisal

If it was all take however, you may struggle regardless how many other people were doing it (IMO) notwithstanding they should still follow procedure and you should have been given the opurtunity to "see the error of your ways" especially as you genuinely though it was a acceptable practice.

Good luck

Chris

Its more like

i booked

7.30-8.30 travel

tracking report

7.39-8.19

the biggest difference was 21 min

7.00-8.00 travel

tracking report

7.21-8.03

on that occasion i was having car trouble (their car) i let the office know, but that was 3 weeks previous to my dismissal. I wasn't even asked why?, they just said this is unacceptable. i stated that the tracking report was a history of the veichles actions, but not my working duties ,ie

completing paperwork, using the phone to speak to a customer.

i stated that the tracking report was a history of the veichles actions, but not my working duties ,ie

completing paperwork, using the phone to speak to a customer.

Very Good Point,

you stated that the biggest discrepancy was 21 mins and that was over 3 weeks ago, does this mean that the inconsistancies were few and far between???? and when they were only within a few mins.