Euro Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from ECP demanding £50 payment (raised from £30) as I had apparently ignored their first letter!!!

I know this seems a little vague, but I don't even know what I did wrong, the "crime" was described as "other"!!

1. I parked in the bay, paid for a ticket, and left before the alloted time ran out.

2. There was no "parking ticket" on the car when I returned.

3. I didn't receive the "first" letter they sent me.

4. As the "offense" was over a month ago I haven't kept the pay and display ticket.

I am going to send them this letter:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours faithfully

With a bit added in there about us being out of the country for 2 months so further correspondence will be impossible.

We are actually out of the country for 2 months and therefore any further letters will go unanswered until we return.

I'm just glad I found this site in time.

Comments?

It will make no difference whether you send the letter or not. They will most likely not even read it and certainly won't have any regard for you being out of the country.

Next letter will be the standard "your appeal has not been successful".

Save the stamp and don't bother sending them anything.

It will make no difference whether you send the letter or not. They will most likely not even read it and certainly won't have any regard for you being out of the country.

Next letter will be the standard "your appeal has not been successful".

Save the stamp and don't bother sending them anything.

I just want to send it so it's "on record".

They can go **** them selves after that.

• 2 months later...

OK, we got back from France to a letter demanding who the driver was (and lots of other crap) we had to respond in 7 days "or else"..........well we didn't respond as we were not here!!!

Today I received a letter from BRINX DEBT COLLECTION SERVICES stating they will start litigation unless payment is received within 5 working days.

I intend to ignore this letter also, but as both of us are out of work my wife wants me to check with you guys to check it's the right thing to do. What we don't need is an even bigger bill/fine if that is the wrong thing to do.

They STILL have the "offense" down as "other" so I don't even know what the driver of the car was supposed to have done wrong!!!

TIA.

"Brinx" collections?

That's a new one on me, they generally use an outfit called "Controlaccount"

Ah! I know!

Perhaps "Controlaccount" are so successful at collecting for Euro Crap Arks they've had to farm some work out to "Brinx"!

I'll bet that's the case; now you can ignore "Euro", "Controlaccount", and "Brinx".

Sort of makes you feel quite powerful and important, doesn't it!

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 2 months later...

Just to keep you up to date:

We received another letter from BRINX DEBT COLLECTION SERVICES dated 19.01.2009 stating this was our very last chance to pay up.........I ignored it.

Yesterday I received a letter from "Controlaccount" telling me that they are under instruction from their client to arrange for a civil claim to be issued against me...........and this is our very last chance to pay up (again).

I think I'll just ignore this one too.

This is getting silly..........even if it does go to court, how the hell am I expected to remember who was driving the car back in September 2008 (seven months ago already)!!!!!

We know Control Account. Euro use them I think.

Not sure how they can organise a civil claim when it's not their alleged debt! (not that they' know what to do anyway)

Continue to ignore. These clowns have wasted a bit of money of stamps now - ha.

No chance of court.

As above. Euro Parks are just like any other PPC but will send you quite a few letters before giving up. They usually do use Control Account as thier DCA but i have noticed that they have also started to use Brinx just as often. Its interesting that you have had letters from both as its usually one or the other. Nevertheless feel free to ignore. I think you have another 2 letters at most before they disappear.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, me to have been receiving letters from brinx in relation to a euro car parks PCN,and guess what brinx used to be called euro car parks,check out the companies house website and you will see.So you are really still receiving letters from euro car parks but under a different name just to scare into thinking its a proper agency.Check out control account aswell see how many times hey have changed their name,also take note of the word DORMANT against both these companies accounts.

Edited by happyhammer179

• 5 months later...