• Tweets

• So I am now in receipt of a second Letter of Claim this time from DCBL although their letter head now says " DCBLegal"  😱 Now I'm guessing one response to a letter of claim is sufficient and I could ignore this but having been inspired by other snotty letters I wanted to have another bash at one. How does this sound? Dear Lackeys of Company with Unconscionable Morals, Thank you ever so much for gracing me with yet another Letter Before Claim on behalf of Excel Parking Services. How many of these delightful missives do you plan on sending before you muster the courage to follow through on your threats to take me to court? Just so we're clear, here is the response (in italics by that I mean the slanted text below) I previously sent to Excel’s Letter Before Claim, in case your attention to detail is as lacking as I suspect: I am currently 2-0 up in terms of Small Claims Court proceedings and I look forward to the opportunity to claim a hat trick, this case being more straightforward than my previous two. I will be asking the court for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) due to your conduct over this absurd claim. Despite my best efforts, you continue to assert that I have breached your terms. However, I cannot breach terms that I was not present to accept. Have you even read my initial response? I suggest you review it thoroughly and save yourself some money. Additionally, please refer to section 13 of the IPC Code of Practice, 2023 edition. I eagerly await your deafening silence. Remarkably, I haven't heard a peep from Excel since my response; instead, they've passed the baton to you to perform this tiresome routine once more. Consider this my official notice that I am sending a cease and desist letter to Excel Parking Services. Their relentless hounding has crossed the line into clear harassment. Any further demands for payment from you, as Excel's lackeys, will be regarded as nothing more than shameless acts of intimidation and harassment. I now look forward to the deafening sound of your silence. Yours sincerely,
    • Personally I'd go to it and object for the sake of it. They have to attend anyway so I can't see you being liable for any costs or anything (if they try to ask for attendance costs, just say that firstly it is their application, secondly it is from their own making, thirdly that they would have to come anyway so you shouldn't need to bear their costs.   When you turn up you should object on the basis that the witness has been in office since the time of the order, and could have done their witnes statement in advance of their AL. Their poor planning is not your fault, 7 days is too rushed for you as a LIP and there is no good reason that a company can't organise itself to sort WX in time. Also they say finalise so they already have something, its not like thye have nothing. Their amendments cannot be so important if they are being added so late.   see what @AndyOrch says but that's my thoughts  
    • Yes, in the main your understanding of my case is right. Linked below to the post with the final WS sent to the court and to Evri.   
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. As you say, appealing this ticket doesn't help as these people hardly ever accept appeals. They don't care how difficult someone's life is, they just want the money. The forum guys should be along later with thoughts for you on how to deal with this. Best, HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Redstne evicted us for being 4500 pounds in credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am on another site and I will see if I can get any help about who you should go to for help .

Sorry not allowed to post link

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In January of this year, we were in court for a claim that I had taken against them for loss of earnings, filing fees, accrued interest, monthly management fees, solicitors costs etc etc etc.... The total amount claimed was £14,884.54 but the judge at the time took into account the fees that would be added as we were part way through the month, Total awarded was £15,000.00. This was to be credited to the mortgage account, rather than being handed as "cash" to us....

With that being done, our monthly payments were to be recalculated to show this change in balance. As we are on interest only, less balance equals less interest ergo less per month, or so its supposed to.

It took them till September and 4 more court hearings to get them to act on it.

Because we had been paying the amount of £745.16 since the order was issued, and the new payment was deemed to be £412.67. We had "overpaid" by £332.49 per month over none months, this was deemed to be £2,992.41. But they had also taken a direct debit twice in August of £1,30.16. They agreed to refund this direct debit. A total of £4,022.57.

This they had decided to be refunded to us, with interest. Equating to £4,334.72.

That was done according to the letter on 5th September 2008. We received this letter on the 15th September 2008. We were due in court on the 19th September for being £3,840.00 in arrears( due to lost payments), a hearing which they told us they had cancelled... and the rest as they say is history....

We were ordered on 17th October 2008, by a judge in a different court, taht after reading the case file, the costs awarded ( in his opinion) to high and ordered us to refund the amount of £7,000.00 within 28 days....

Edited by notreadytogiveupyet
missed a bit

So in that case even if costs were reduced they should have amended the mortgage the other way and then just increased the payment due?

Not just asked you for the costs ?

Also I would say totally unfair for the court to say that you could not borrow for the £7000 even if it was not adjusted on the mortgage as it was costs not technically arrears?

Do you see where I am coming from?

I am checking on my other site but the comment on the FOS ceiling does not seem right - they thought £100000

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

we are checking and will come back to you.

Is this a first charge on your house? Not a second charge?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Did you get a court order im sorry this could have been avoided your solicitor should have known There is a Master who sits in the high cort from 10 to 4.00 for emercency applications

I think that you should make an application to the court for a stay of action by the mortgage comapny and associated people while the mortgage comapny account for all monies on your mortgage, this meens that they have to come to court and explain all the money they have taken from you and how it has benn allocated can give you chapter and verse if needed

Yes i got the court order.... whether that will stop them, lordy only knows....

as for the costs............. Sense at last....... every one I have spoken to says that......... And as for the borrowing, they ( friends, family etc etc) ask where on earth the judge expected me to get the money, if I didnt borrow it.....

The £7,000.00 was ordered to be refunded by me, and we were in court on the 24th October to see if we could get it added to the balance of the mortgage and carry on as normal basically.....But the judge said that as we had previously been in arrears ( not my fault they cant allocate payments) the increased balance would cause my "cmi" to increase causing a greater likelihood of future arrears. But borrowing the money would cause me to be in debt and the mortgage "cmi" would not get paid. As i could not provide a PROVEABLE guarantee that arrears would not occur in the future, they possession warrant was to stand.

This was our only mortgage/loan....... there was no second charge or anything like it on the house. We were looking at going down that route for the £7,000.00 but we didnt have the time, hence out friend offering to help....

Does any of this make actual sense? I am taking my brother to court today to start his fight, so I will see what I need to do ( without my solicitor for the moment) to get before a master....

I am starting to see the light..... Bona is that you with the bright light showing me the way?....;)

I will inform my solicitor of my intentions and what I decide to do, he will just have to do as he's told, rather than what he wants.....

Hiya peeps

God this gets worse.....

Court order was only to stop THAT removal yesterday apparently.....

I have just had a phone call from my neighbours saying the removals men are back.... Tried to enforce the court order and got told, that there is no court order to enforce..... Court order issued last night was just a temporary thing........

I really want to swear, but i can't.......

I am ready to give up now.... I cant take much more of this.......:Cry:

Court told me to contact my mortgage lender to get them to agree a "stay of procedure" which they wont. ALready tried.. Have asked for a redemtion figure, they dont really want to give it to me, but they said they will....

HELP!!!! Wood for trees is definitely happening

I think you need to speak to the court again, clearly somebody needs their knuckles rapped, I thought a court order of that type was for an indefinate period - get the court to clarify their position on this.

Also report the two guys removing goods as theft to the local police, they are going against the court order - they may be telling porkies to get their cut. I think the line being taken here is that if you have any personal possessions in the property you could go back and retake posession, if they are gone your claim is lessened.

Get somebody senior in the court to contact all parties pronto and tell them to stop until XXX date (ask for 6 month stay of ALL action by third parties).

I think now I have my head round what I think - but I am not a legal expert.

In summary the Mortgage company took you to court for non existant arrears and got a suspended possession order.

Then all the errors were found - it went back to court and you were awarded £15000 costs which the MC applied to reduce your mortgage and therefore your MP - so then you were OP and in advance/credit with your mortgage.

The mortgage company took you back to court about the amount of costs - the judge ruled in their favour nd said you had to give them £7000 in costs back - but they owed you some OP so that reduced the amount owed.

Now in my eyes they should have put the mortgage debt back up and even if they backdated it you would still be a little in advance.

I can not see the problem in you borrowing for the costs as you NEVER had the £15000 you were awarded against them in your hands!

If I am right on the above - you can meet all your MP and you are not in arrears.

If I was in your position I would make sure your solicitor is doing a letter or arranging court hearings - so that all parties ( MC /SOL /ESTATE agents ) know that the whole possession is in dispute. Also they do not have ownership of your goods in the house .

Can someone please pm ELL-ENN and ask for her opinion as I am out of my depth here and I am not allowed pm facility .

I am still checking about FOS responsibility but this is now an urgent legal matter - and you do need full statements of costs and charges urgently. I would write recorded and ask again for those as if this does come to court the judge will not look favourably if they do not provide you with what you need.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Update... but it doesnt get any better really.....

It has now been decided that although the court order is temporary, it is temporary to the point of the next hearing. ( solicitor has a printed copy)....

So it has been reported as a burglary to police, who advise that will attend as a priority, but not as a blue light emergency... for ****** sake....

They are now on scene allegedly....

ooooooh sorry was mid update when Redstone started ringing me.....

Apparently court order or not, their contractors have been given clear and firm instructions to carry on clearing the property. I can take stuff from them as they take it out of the house, but according to reports from neighbours, there would be little point as they are not dismantling the stuff they are quite literally destroying it.........

Although redstone deny all knowledge of this, as they do not cause damage hey justr remove stuff........

Police aren't happy about this and have advised them to stop, but are carrying regardless.... apparently the police are now scratching their heads about the best way forward........

Giving up is now not an option..... I have made far too many phone calls and spoke to far too many bar stewards to give up now........ only 9 days to hearing....... cant come quick enough for me.....

Can someone please pm ELL-ENN and ask for her opinion as I am out of my depth here and I am not allowed pm facility .

Ell-enn is away until Friday night anyone else who can help?

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Unfortunately this will take a long time to read and I have posted the bit about chattels.

I think really the poster needs to get his solicitor or the court to advise all involved to hold fire - that is if the solicitor is going to fight against the whole possession ?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I have just checked the FOS site and it says they should help with mortgage complaints. If you have the original mortgage papers that should tell you who to complain to . Also a call to the Council of mortgage Lenders may shed some light who could intervene.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Ordered to Leave Your Home

When a Repossession Order has been issued you still have rights to protect and a better future to secure. Since the Lender will desire a fast sale to recoup as much money as quickly as possible, repossessed properties are often undervalued by lenders and under-marketed by agents. You need to make sure the lenders get the best possible price for your property to ensure as much of the debt as possible can be paid off.

Make sure you:

• Find out the exact date the property was given to the Estate Agents to handle.
  • Ensure the property has been cleaned and the garden tidied.
  • That a 'For Sale' sign has been erected. Take a photograph of the property if there isn't a sign (preferably with a date stamp).
  • Visit the agents to check your property is in the window or at least displayed inside.
  • If it is not displayed ask about the availability of properties where it is located. If you are shown yours, show interest and ask for a copy of the same sales particulars. If they don't show yours just get the name of the sales person for future reference.
  • Check the sales particulars in comparison with others for positive selling points. They may have neglected to mention "No Chain" or "Vacant Possession". If they have, then the case for under-marketing grows stronger as Estate Agents tend to cite this as one of the best selling points for a property.
  • Check the value of the property against similar properties in your area.

If the property has been undervalued you can ask the courts for an injunction to prevent the sale. This can be done at any time before the completion date. Lenders have a legal responsibility to get the best price for the property that can reasonably be obtained. If you think your lender has failed to get a fair price, get advice from a solicitor. You may be entitled to compensation.

It may be possible to stop the sale if you can raise the money to pay off your debts soon after the eviction. If you want to do this, you need to act quickly. You have to apply for an injunction to stop the sale of your home while the arrangements are made. If contracts are exchanged with a buyer before you do this, you can't stop the sale from going ahead.

Back to After A Repossession

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

The bailiffs won't remove any of your furniture or belongings unless the court has decided they should do so. The bailiffs will usually watch while you do this yourself. If you don't remove your belongings, they will be left locked inside. You will need to make arrangements with your lender or freeholder to collect them later. You normally have to remove everything within a short period of time, for example, two weeks. If you can't do so and don't make other arrangements, your lender or freeholder may be able to dispose of them.

If you can raise funds or your situation has changed and you may be able to pay off the arrears seek advice immediately as you may be able to stop the repossession.

Back to After A Repossession

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi jansus...

Just been reading your posts on the tide turner threads......

What do you mean by "debts" does that mean the actual mortgage balance itself or any arrears......

I have been trying to get a breakdown from the mortgage company and I have also sent a SAR.. just waiting for a (written) response....

Oh update, apparently the police arrested four men and impounded two vans, arresting under the charge of Theft, criminal damage and breaking and entering.....

Whether any of it will stick I have no idea.....

But we shall see....

sorry which post?

Do you mean what they can chase you for after sale?

basically if there is negative equity after house sale - they can chase for all monies owing for up to 12 years?

The fact is they will now be adding all sorts of costs regarding sale etc - which is why if your solicitor is going to challenge whole possession you need details of what is going on?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Stopping a sale due to a change in circumstances

It may be possible to stop the sale if you can raise the money to pay off your debts soon after the eviction. If you want to do this, you need to act quickly; and apply for an injunction to stop the sale of your home while the arrangements are made. If contracts are exchanged with a buyer before you do this, you can't stop the sale from going ahead.

I would really appreciate if you could define "debts" is that mortgage balance or any arrears that they claim, including fees etc etc....

I only ask because we agreed to pay the 2nd amount they requested on the day of eviction ( just over £14,000.00) but they refused...

£14 000.00 was not part of the order...... but we agreed to pay it just to get rid of them basically....

Basically I am asking are they wrong in refusing this, or do I need to wait for the details of the SAR and the figures.. or do I offer the £14000.00 again?

Now that I am not sure of as it will depend on what the company have asked for. In the small print most companies can call in the whole loan if they want to. However in the circumstances with the new protocol and government guidelines they should really accept any arrears.

but where did the figure of £14000 come from ? Why did they ask for that?

I think you have to go back to basics - from what you are saying your mortgage has not been in arrears?

these figures are from court costs from their errors?

So why should you pay anything?

Edited by jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I just dont get it - if they paid the 15000 off your mortgage they could have had the 7000 back in costs by increasing your mortgage again and you still would have owed less than the original mortgage?

Edited by jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE