style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hoping you can help me here, I split with my ex in Dec 07 and he moved out of the property and silly me never claimed my 25% discount for single allowance. Anyway, at the beginning of the month I handed over the property to him for nothing and he has moved back in and I've gone.

Anyway, during the time I was living alone I got behind with my CT and Rundles came to the door but I never let them in, made an arrangement to pay at £40 per week but broke it after about 4 or 5 weeks as I physically could not afford it. (I was earning £800 per month and paying £160 in petrol, plus had to live and pay mortgage etc)

When I handed the property over I went straight down to the council myself and asked them to backdate the 25% from January which they have done, and to close the account and to send the updated bill to my parents house which I am temporarily staying out until i find elsewhere. They finally sent me the bill last week or week before and the new amount owing was for £500 and last week I paid off £100 and I am hoping that next week I can settle the rest direct to the LA.

Anyway... In the meantime, Rundles write to me at my parents saying that they are coming tomorrow to take goods (not quite sure what as I have nothing at my parents as I gave it all away). So i ring the council and they say nothing that they can do they have given rundles the new amount, its in the hands of the bailiffs, bailiffs tell me that I owe them over £1000!!!!!

Asked them for a breakdown and they tell me over the phone that they are chasing for 07-08 and 08-09 council tax, council tax amounting to £1004 plus £464 + VAT in fees?????????

They never ever once entered my old property as I used to leave them out there banging on the door whilst i stayed indoors so I know that they have never done any kind of order on my belongings!

I rang National Debtline who basically laughed and said that there is no way that they can charge that, but I don't know what to do now!

I rung Rundles again and asked for a breakdown, I have my current and final CT bill and a receipt for the money I have paid, meaning I now owe the LA £400 only. Rundles said that they are sending me a breakdown but I just am at a loss as what I'm meant to do now, do I have to pay these extortianate fees!!

Also can they come into my parents house and take things that are not mine, I have one bedroom in the house and all that I own in there is my clothes and a few cuddly toys!!

Any help or advice greeeeeatttly appreciated!!!

Thanks

HC

i paid ---and got back £200 worth of fees from rundles.

if they call 3 times it will get passed back to council.

they cannot get break in but can climb through an open window/unlocked door etc.

i know how you are feeling....it was me typing similar thing a few months ago...someone who can help more than me will be along soon!

i wrote to them copying letters to local council, who were very nice.

I WOULDN'T CHANGE MY AUTISTIC DAUGHTER FOR THE WORLD -- BUT I WOULD CHANGE THE WORLD FOR HER

HI HC. Sorry to hear about your problems. YOu will be pleased to hear that the bailiffs, under statute, can only charge £24.50 for a first visit and £18.00 for a second. This is all they can charge unless you have signed a Walking Possession Agreement which you state you have not. These feees can only be charged if the bailiff is certificated and certificated to the collecting company.

They are trying to bully you and you need to contact your LA that you owe the council tax to stating that the bailiffs are attempting to defraud you and are committing a criminal act and that you demand that they take the debt back. Say that if they do not you will cite them as co-defendants in a form 4 complaint to the court of certification of the bailliff.

If the worst comes to the worst atleast you can mitigate the loss in fees. They have no right to levy against your parents property and your parents can deny them entry on the grounds of the above and that you have no goods that they can legally levy on. They have no right of entry and can not force entry. They can only be invited in so keep them outside no matter what excuses they use to try and get access.

Hope this helps!

This is what rundles should be charging you :

RUNDLES

Attendance & Levy Fees as per schedule 3 and 5 of the Admin & Enforcement Regs 1992 (as amended)

Dishonoured cheque fee £25

Debit/Credit Card Payments

Debit Card £1

Visa Card 2.5%

Van Fees

Council Tax £90

NNDR

Debt less than £1,500.00 £90

Debt greater than £1,500 less than £3,000 £180

Debt greater than £3,000 less than £15,000 £270

Debt greater than £15,000 less than £50,000 £360

Debt greater than £50,000 £450

Additional charges may be incurred for protracted removals and or vehicle seizure by the introduction of a tow truck subject to approval from a designated officer of The la.

Warrant with bail £20 if successful, Nil if not successful.

Warrant without bail £50 if successful, Nil if unsuccessful.

Benefit Overpayments 20% of monies collected

Monies received to be allocated proportionately between costs and debt.

Then again nobody will listen. However it seems from this that as well as charging the la a percentage the bailiff company is also hitting the debtor with their charges which the la is for them to do.

Edited by letsmakeamark

So whats cooking today ?