Fight back nasty DCA - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I am heavily in debt and since my stroke have been juggling a number of DCA’s and creditors. I have only found this site a while ago and it has proved invaluable. I do not deal with any of them over the phone any longer thanks to this site.

One of my debts is a NatWest credit card which has been passed on to Wescot and they seem to be in a league of their own when it comes to bullying tactics The latest letter is from their solicitors threatening legal action.

I am now thinking of standing up to them, as all my offers of small repayments whilst I am off sick have been refused. I am just wondering whether sending that letter could stand against me in court should they realise their threats.

Dear Sir!

Thank you for your recent letter indicating you will be commencing legal proceedings against me. Due to a stroke, my financial situation is indeed very dire and bankruptcy would only come as a welcome relief. Ironically, I can not afford court fees to petition myself.

You also indicate in your letter that Wescot is willing to consider realistic options for repayment.

Since my income consists solely of benefits, and I do not own any property, or other assets of any value to realise, there is no such thing as a realistic repayment amount at present.

Any token offer I have made so far has been very unprofessionally ridiculed by your people at Wescot, in tandem with threats and bulling tactics and since any stress could have detrimental effect on my health, I had no choice but to seize all communications with them.

However, since, I doubt very much that you will cover my court fees purely as an act of generosity, I once again offer a token payment of £2 until my return to work. Should you be willing to accept this offer, please could you forward the necessary details so that a standing order can be setup.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn't offer the scumbags as much as £2. A quid is the most a court would order you to pay. If I were you I would force them to prove the sum they are demanding is correct and not loaded with charges and interest, that they have the right to collect and that the paperwork they must have is in order. If this isn't the case its complaints all round.

Thanks NailPost

You are right, I will change that to 1£ lol.

I have sent CCA a while ago and have received relevant paperwork from NatWest. I would like to dispute the amount as the interest rate kept going up all the time and there are a lot of charges, but I may do that when my health is a bit better.

For now I would just like them off my back, at least for a while.

Are you seriously considering bankruptcy? If you are then I think you should speak to National Debtline for more information on the pro's and con's of bankruptcy. I would also contact your local CAB as there may be charitable trusts in your area who would pay your bankruptcy fees for you.

Also I agree with NailPost, one pound per month is the maximum you should be offering while on benefits. Alternatively if you can't afford any payment you should offer them nothing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes rory32 I think I will eventually have to, although I would prefer to avoid it for a couple of reasons. My health being one and there is also a very good chance I may loose the place I rent now.

So my aim is just to get people off my back till I am better, but thanks for your comments.