Default removal - Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if it would be possible to remove a default made by Vodafone from my credit report, which is preventing me from getting a mortgage. Any feedback would be a great help.

Thanks

Last year I moved away in early April, and whilst waiting for my broadband connection to be setup I used my mobile as a modem to submit some work for university. I managed to run up a £496.07 bill. With the hectic time of moving to another city, I forgot to notify them of my new address, therefore did not receive any statements or notification, and only realised the size of the bill when my mobile service was stopped. I rang them up about my phone not working when they told me how much I owed. They wanted me to pay the full amount to resume services. I explained that I was unable to pay the entire bill immediately and offered to make a partial payment, which was rejected. It was around this time that I was involved in a serious car crash where I was unable to call for an ambulance. Shortly after they tried to take the direct debit that, I could not pay in full, and was subsequently rejected.

Below is a chronological list of events.

Moved to new home 1st April 2007

26 June 2007, statement arrived at old address for £496.07, direct debit due on 10 July 2007. I rang them and said that I was unable to make the payment, as I did not have the funds, and the cut my phone line as they thought it may be possible fraud. I offered to pay a small amount with the money I would have expected to “average” amount (plus some extra), but was declined and they only wanted the full amount.

30 June 2007, I was in a serious car crash leaving us on our roof on a motorway, and was unable to call ambulance due to having phone cut off.

01 July 2007, I went on holiday for 1 week after been given OK to by hospital, returned 08 July 2007.

10 July 2007 Vodafone tried to take £496.07 by direct debit, which was unpaid as I told them previously.

12 July 2007, received letter from Vodafone stating that they had suspended the contract due to overdue payment plus possible termination fee of £72.14 if not paid.

26 July 2007, £521.63. I spoke to Vodafone again telling them that I could not afford the bill, they offered to spread the payments over 2 months at approximately £260. I declined this, as it was still too high when I did not have the funds to do so.

28 Aug 2007, £553.68 unpaid for reasons as before

25 Sept 2007, statement produced for £558.87 (Address now Newcastle)

29 Sept 2007, £236.64 paid by debit card

26 Oct 2007, statement produced for £389.47

28 Oct 2007, Notice of Default issued if not paid within 7 days

11 Dec 2007, agreed to pay over 3 months with debt collector, first payment of £129.82 was made.

26 Dec 2007, statement produced for £259.65

02 Dec 2007, Default shown on Experian

Settled with CSL 16 Jan 2008 for £207.72

13 Apr 2008 Default satisfied shown on Experian

Edited by hoareap

not familiar with mobile contracts so will have to bow out to the more experienced mobile bods

you may want to take a look at this thread

Edited by SharpmanTF1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read Dayglow's thread about their case with Vodafone. I was wondering if I have a case? I was wondering if my case is warranted. Is it OK to slap on a default notice, when mobile phones are not covered by the CCA, and also the bill was for an unforseen amount. £500 compared with £35. I was unaware of the data charges until I was billed for them. Does my inabilty to pay for a unsuspecting, large one-off phone bill, reflect on me paying my mortgage each month, which is for the same amount?

One thing that peeves me, and partly because it is my own fault. Is that I made a payment on the 29th September and on the 28th October they issued a default notice, within a month of my last payment.