Final Salary - Employment Terminated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone can help me here:-

I was sacked from my job (long story) on 10th October, I have today received a copy of the minutes of the meeting and also a final pay statement (not a wage slip)

On this it states:-

OUTLINE OF OUTSTANDING PAYMENTS DUE

PAYMENTS

Salary to Friday 10th October £461.22

Deductions

HCI - 8 Monthly payments @ £36.65 = £293.20 (this was for the Home Computing Initiative)

Cycle to Work Scheme - 1 monthly payment = £58.11

Holidays - 204 hours taken v's 185 accrued = 19hrs Due £156.75

This leaves me with a final salary of £87.64!!!

Can they do this????

The HCI and Cycle to Work Scheme each had tax breaks in them which will now not be included. My holidays accrued were 185 hours but I get 240+ a year.

On last months wage slip they also took off £305.82 as they think they overpaid me back in May 2008!!

I was not informed of the deduction before hand.

Many thanks

When you signed up to the HCI and bikes to work initiatives you will have been advised that as long as you worked for them you get the tax breaks but that if you left any outstanding balance would be taken out of your final pay

With regards to the holiday - if you have taken more of your annual holiday than you have accrued then of course they can claim it back - you haven't worked enough of the year to be entitled to a whole years entitlement

As becka says, you contract will outline at what rate you accrue holiday each month, if you have taken holiday than you have accrued in the year to date then they can legitimately claim it back...

with the HCI and cycle to work schemes, you will have signed an agreement for these , which will outline what tax breaks etc apply. Again, as becka said, they usually only apply while you are still with your employer