PArking Bay violation Ticket??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Everyone

Just after a little advice,

My partner received a parking ticket today whilst in a council car park in coventry city center.

The ticket was issued for not parking within bay parameters.

She has told me that she parked in an end space which had a solid white line on one side and a fence on the other. there were no cross hatchings or signs or writing on the floor to show that parking was not allowed here.

It is my understanding that many car parks have spaces such as these where the parameter are set by in-animate objects such as fences, walls, bollards etc.

Surely if there is no indication of aprking not being allowed then the attendant that issued the ticket has made the rules up as he's gone along hasnt he??

Any info on this would be greatly received.

Regards

Hey Ting

Thanks for reading, I havent been able to get pics as I dont live in Coventry and didnt have time to pop over yesterday.

She's already sent a letter I drafted for her to the cov county council, so will see what happens from that. If they reject it then I shall go and take pictures of said space, and all available signs within the car park.

I understand what you mean by description, but have you never been in a car park, or indeed even parked in a space that sounds remotely similar to the one my partner did?

I knew what she ment as soon as she told me. I can think of 6/7/8 spaces in and around Rugby that are like this

I do know what you mean yes - but that may not help you. What you, I or anyone else feels makes sense is irrelevant. The spaces in the car park will be defined in the relevant off-street parking places order.

On signs and lines - car parks are not covered by TSRGD regs AFAIK but they do still need to be clear and not misleading.

It is always worth showing the PCN because legal flaws are common and can be enough for an easy win or worth adding to your other points.

There are two problems with this - firstly, there seems not to be a culture here of encouraging people to do this (a few members do) and yet it is crucial. You might notice that the forum has a high number of watchers - it shows sometimes when you enter the forum page list. Count then - the number of responses?

Second problem is that the forum won't let you post images until you have made five posts? - apparently to combat spammers. This means for parking cases where images are so important - a load of waffle gets talked that is often speculative - because the situation isn't completely clear.

I recommend you post a scan of the PCN on 'PePiPoo' forums because you may do so immediately and IME you will get more response. (google it)

I only post here because I see people needing help and sometimes not getting it - like yourself. I doubt I'll be around for long, for one reason or another but it is difficult to get away when people need advice.

Good luck - post that PCN !

-

Sorry to harp on about it - but just see the difference i'm talking about. someone due in mags court today because old legislation being used - and just look what happened.

unknowingly parking in disabled space......help! - FightBack Forums

i don't for a moment doubt the motives of members here but if they can't help or won't help then point in the right direction: We are all fighting the same cause.

-