Halifax have refunded bank charges and court fees - but not interest?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again.

After starting court proceedings on money claim, and the halifax initially stating that they were going to defend, I have had another letter today from them, stating that they have now refunded the sum of the charges, plus the £80 court fee. They now want me to contact the court and advise that the claim has been settled .

However, when I put the claim through, I mentioned the fact that I would now be claiming the interest at 8% (as per section 69, of the 1984 county courts act). As they have not paid this however, am I within my rights to contact them to advise that I will not consider the claim settled until this interest has been refunded in full? The problem is that their 28 days is up on Friday and so I need to get a letter off first thing tomorrow by Special Delivery? I have advised them of how much the interest is and will provide a copy of the spreadsheet to them, but do I need to do anything else, such as advise the court that they have offered the majority of the money?

I did try searching, but the search function wouldn't work and it was taking me ages to go through all the pages on 56k

Many Thanks

Dan

As they have not paid this however, am I within my rights to contact them to advise that I will not consider the claim settled until this interest has been refunded in full?

Yes, as long as this was mentioned in your claim, you are entitled to it

The problem is that their 28 days is up on Friday and so I need to get a letter off first thing tomorrow by Special Delivery? I have advised them of how much the interest is and will provide a copy of the spreadsheet to them, but do I need to do anything else, such as advise the court that they have offered the majority of the money?

No, don't advise the court until it is fully settled and tell Halifax the same.

Hope this helps

• 3 months later...

Yeah, got the whole lot back.

After filing the claim on moneyclaim, I had a letter about 5 days later stating that they would fight it. About a week after that, I had another letter then stating that they would refund the charges if I dropped the claim. As they had not mentioned the interest, I wrote to them again explaining that I would not drop the claim unless they also refunded the interest as I had requested, which they did within about 5 days or so.

So yeah, got everything back :)