kennyruss v EGG

kennyruss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sending this crawling letter tomorrow...nothing else left to do - EGG seem to be on the ball with agreement and T&C's

Dear Sir/Madam

Credit Card account **********

Firstly I would like to thank your recent letter of 11th Nov, where you advised me that you would not be accepting my full and final settlement of the above account.

As you will be aware that I have currently cancelled my direct debit due to my current and foreseeable financial situation. Having reviewed my finances I can make a token payment of £50 a month towards the debt. However I am not prepared to pay £50 a month and watch the debt increase. In view of this I urge you to freeze all interest until further notice and would appreciate this being backdated to the 1st Oct 2008.

I have been a long and loyal customer with EGG and hope that we can continue our relationship in this manner

If this is acceptable to EGG I will setup a Direct Debit upon receipt of your acceptance

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours faithfully

looks good to me - good luck with that - let us know what they say. Egg have gone very quiet on me but have registered a default whichI am trying to have removed. Does anyone know about charging orders and whether they can get one (if they are trying) when the property is in joint names but the debts are not. I believe this may rule out a charging order. Does anyone know for a fact ?

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm...

ok got a default notice in from EGG... 28th Dec..

Their agreement appears to be rock solid....I wrote to them asking for a interest freeze, got a reply today... please phone us...

I phoned egg and they basically said that I could not negotiate an interest freeze until I went into default???

I would be required to produce a income/expend sheet - this will be a nightmare as a I gamble for a living...

now I can afford the payment a month, but I was hoping to get some sort of joy with the interest freeze/reduction without going into default..

any ideas on how to get some sort of joy with Egg before I go into default...

kenny

This is an interesting thread Kenny – I think your agreement has the same “Limit” statement. Worth a read mate but not sure if you would want to fight it out in court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/169828-egg-card-cca.html

I don’t think you will avoid the default unless you comply with their requests.

This is an interesting thread Kenny – I think your agreement has the same “Limit” statement. Worth a read mate but not sure if you would want to fight it out in court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/169828-egg-card-cca.html

I don’t think you will avoid the default unless you comply with their requests.

hi mate... I will probably just need to pay the buggers:)

at least my other 4 cards are all on sticky ground with regard to agreements... egg is the only one that has issued me with a pending default

kenny