Newbie! Advice Please!hsbc Credit Card Nightmare!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just found this informative, empowering site in time, as on the verge of having an Incedible Hulk moment with HSBC!

I have been in dispute with them since October, over credit card late payment charges on my account which has zero owing on it. Almost every month they are applying another £20 charge plus interest for 'non payment' of the previous month's statement.They have dismissed all my previous communications stating that I will not be paying these charges and now sent me a default notice..

What should I do now? Send the 'preliminary' letter or the 'letter before action?'.I am a bit confused; how can I apply for a refund of charges I have'nt paid?!

Hi there, welcome in

If you know all your charges file them up with spread sheet from the library if you don’t know the amount the bank has taken from you over the past 6 years (under the Limitation Act 1980, you can only claim for the last 6 years), then send the Data Protection Act request letter in the library (there is sometimes a £10 fee for this - it may be best to send it anyway to stop any delaying tactics from the banks - if they don't use it then great - if they do, then fair enough - at least you'll be getting the rest of your money back).

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. Don't worry about the extra wait - you can claim 8% APR on each charge for the full period, so the longer it takes them the more money you will have back. If they still refuse, or do not furnish you with this information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk - for a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Read FAQ and especially How to reclaim your charges.; A step-by-step indication. www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

Good Luck

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

Good Luck

I received the reply with the offer slightly less then I asked this morning. I only sent the prelim letter by recorded delivery whichwas never delivered (by post office system on line) 14 working days ago. So, tomorrow would be the first dead line and the date for LBA to go out but they responded.

WOW. It works so stick to it.

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

Hi. I'll be dropping in to see how your DPA letter goes. I put one in for bank account and credit cards - all my bank statements appeared, but I've heard ZIP from the CC side of things.

Good luck :)