Bail out Banks! Councils! What about those about to be evicted?

lucky01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The banks and local councils (Icelandic Investments!!!)... are being bailed out by the Government. What about people like me on the verge of eviction... Mortgage with the notorious Capstone (SPML) and loan with SPPL, there is no relief for us... WHY NOT? :mad: I appreciate that this is a global problem and needs to be dealt with, but the Government does not just consist of Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling... there are other MP's who can take this on board to help the people at the grass-root level.

Why should I lose my home because of irresponsible bankers, bad regulations and why is the Government - Courts not using their power to help.

For many of us we have been lulled by the past market situation into a false sense of security which has now gone totally pear shaped. Our mortgage/loans have increased yet our house prices have fallen... so even if we wanted to sell our homes we cannot... cannot sell, cannot pay therefore we are looking into a double-barrelled shotgun.

With the banks shedding staff by the thousands (me included!!) we can no longer meet out mortgage/loan commitments through no fault of ours. The more evictions the more the burden on the state.

As the banks are at fault how about realistic solutions like halving our mortgage commitments, thus making our repayments more affordable. Or, at the very least for a period of 1-2 years until the market is back on track. THIS IS REAL HELP not filling out endless court forms which only deals with the arrears and not the monthly mortgage commitment. Surely logic prevails that if I cannot afford to pay my monthy mortgage/loan commitment then how do they expect me to pay the arrears :?. Something needs to be done immediately! The Government / Courts cannot be allowed to bury their heads in the sand!

If something is not done soon, then for the vast majority of people I cannot see anything improve... families thrown out of their homes... and suicide rates will increasing... morbid... yes, but a sad reality which can be avoided!

What can we do to put pressure on the Government... who do we challenge within the Government?.. can we get the MEDIA to take this on board as a matter of urgency instead of their everyday 'harking' about the Banks. If they can put pressure on now then a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering can be avoided.

You could always start here..............

Create a new petition | Number10.gov.uk

I am not sure how effective these petitions are, but I am sure that if you do start one and post it on this site, you will get lots of support.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Thanks for that... just found out a Petition by Norma Holmes already exists... Petition to: Set up a rescue fund to assist people having their homes repossessed due to the credit crunch. | Number10.gov.uk

I URGE EVERY ONE SIGN UP NOW... SAVE YOUR HOMES!

It is very simple to do... the time to put the pressure on is NOW... before it is too late.

I completly agree with you lucky01. I have pasted a link to a thread I started the other day. In that it also pasted a link to what the Americans want to be able to do. It is probably an election stunt for more votes but the idea is there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/163262-do-we-think-will.html

olives xx

Interest rates were cut only a few days ago, Should help a few out?

I was rather hoping there wouldn't be a bail out of the banks....Being an anarchist is such a joy!

Having seen a recession before and feeling the pinch a little too means I know it won't be so much fun.

My mortgage repayments went down again and my house is worth less...So is the next house I choose to buy, Credit crunch/recession call em what they like...People suffer the same fate as the banks...."gamble" that they will be able to squeeze through with stretched finances borrow here borrow there.....Doomed!

Unsustainable is the word for it.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be" As mother says, Hopefully house prices will drop to the level where people can "afford to buy" rather than the current ethos of "Manage to borrow"

Why the long face Horsey?

Interest rate cuts need to filter down from the banks quicker!!!

Interest rates need to be cut further to make any difference to people whose property has dropped significantly, they cannot pay... and they cannot sell... catch 22?

when the banks screw up ( and they have ) they get taxpayer money to help them out. The more they screw up , the more help they get.

when you or i screw up, fall on to hard times , loose our job, divorce etc, we get this:

No Help

higher penalty interest rates

CCJ's

Black credit marks

Charging orders

repossessions

evictions

hounded by money grabbing DCA'a

defaults

pain

harrassment

made to feel like an outcast

made to feel like a failure..

Exec of banks/loan companies on the other hands, get a "golden Goodbye" large payoff.

so as you can see , everthing is nicely balanced ,all fare & square then

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"