• Tweets

• I am sorry that you have come across excel -possibly the most inhumane of all the rogues that ruin parking in private car parks. i am more sorry that I have missed your thread until now. As I understand it, their artic. was parked in front of their parking sign and the Blue badge places forcing you to stop somewhere else in the car park to observe the rules. On realising that even the Blue badge places were paid places and that you did not have the correct coinage you quite rightly decided to leave. Thus you had read their terms and until you have read them and signified your acceptance by either paying or staying, you are not classed as being parked.  You have a MINiMUM of five minutes  leave. Sadly Excel do not understand any words greater than two syllables which is where their problems start. Their greed, ignorance, inhumanity, etc etc all carry on from there. However they do know that Judges do understand what minimum means and are well aware of the Equality Act  so I wouldn't be too worried about what excel  will do. Plus we still have to see their PCN and when it comes to producing a Notice that complies with the Act relating to private car parks they do not excel at that. I hope that the Iceland MD will cancel the ticket. You still have a couple of other routes you could try. The first one is your Member of Parliament will probably be happy to help as they will need all the votes they can get with an election looming. Plus your local newspaper may also pitch in after hearing your story to go after Iceland and excel. [You may notice I have not merite them with a capital E as it is definitely undeserved.]
    • i would focus on a stupid youthful act. ...a waste of time... so what.. it's worked before. when is your hearing? dx    
    • I heard from another forum that I should send any further begging letter is wasting time, but I decide to try.    can you give any suggestion about the further begging letter? Should I just explain a criminal record would be harmful to my future career as a university lecturer? Or anything else?
    • The Arizona resident allegedly ran a "laptop farm" so the IT workers appeared to work in the US.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Various PPI Claims and Vans world of debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ello all

I have been slowing paying off my loans and sorting out my bank accounts and my cards (as well as my wifes) and have also discovered (like so many others) that i have been sold PPI with practically every loan i have touched. So a few questions so i can get my head around this and get the money back!

1) Do we have to claim an amount (like in charges) or request a repayment of the PPI paid +8% (as not all of our loans are finished).

2) for my wifes HSBC loans there are paperwork that she was given about how optional it was and everything like that and although she was working at the time, it was when i explained what the PPI bit mean (around 3 years later from the loan start date) did she realise that she did not wont the product. Would we still be able to argue that it was missold as we would have sort a stand alone product.

3) I have the paperwork for my Beneficial Finance loan where it states that i will pay £191.52 for the priviledge, i was lead to believe (like so many others) that i had to take this to get the loan, therefore am i ready to write to them and demand my money back. Do i add the 8 % from the start of the loan period?

thanks

Van

Vanderpelt Vs Monument "won" (5 mins before court)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Natwest WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Marbles WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Vs HFC (2 PPI, both WON)

Ello all

I have been slowing paying off my loans and sorting out my bank accounts and my cards (as well as my wifes) and have also discovered (like so many others) that i have been sold PPI with practically every loan i have touched. So a few questions so i can get my head around this and get the money back!

You're in the same boat as many others in this PPI forum, so welcome, you'll get lots of help and support ...

1) Do we have to claim an amount (like in charges) or request a repayment of the PPI paid +8% (as not all of our loans are finished).

That depends on how the PPI product was sold, sometimes it is applied to say, a loan as a Single Premium, added at the beginning with interest applied. You will often be able to claim on this for 3 or five years, but when the claim period ends, you will still be paying the interest applied to the single premium. Often, people are not made aware of this ... along with other relevant pieces of info ...

If you have a credit card or store cared, then you can be paying the PPI (with interest applied) continuously ...

2) for my wifes HSBC loans there are paperwork that she was given about how optional it was and everything like that and although she was working at the time, it was when i explained what the PPI bit mean (around 3 years later from the loan start date) did she realise that she did not wont the product. Would we still be able to argue that it was missold as we would have sort a stand alone product.

Many people do not make informed decsions about PPI when they take out a loan or card. Lenders take advantage of our ignorance and do not make us aware of all the info we should have to help us decide whether the product suits our needs and circumstances and particularly the true cost of it ... mis-selling is rife!

3) I have the paperwork for my Beneficial Finance loan where it states that i will pay £191.52 for the priviledge, i was lead to believe (like so many others) that i had to take this to get the loan, therefore am i ready to write to them and demand my money back. Do i add the 8 % from the start of the loan period?

They have mis-led you there ,a clear case of mis-selling and sharp practice on the part of the lender. You should ask for the premium paymen ts and the interest added to these. 8% is the statutory rate of interest which is what you would request in addition at court stage ... some people ask for it as well ... it's up to yopu but for my part, I wouldn#t ask for this unless I had issued a claim in court ...

thanks

Van

The thing to do is to send SARs to all the lenders for each PPI product sold to you and to your wife. Perhaps costly at £10 per lender, but worth it!! You should request all the documents you need, application forms, credit agreements, transcripts of sales calls to help you determine HOW the ledner has mis-sold PPI ... then you ame your preliminary request for payment on each product sold for each loan, card ...

HTH :)

I have the paperwork for my wifes loans and one of our hfc loans, and we did not have any sales pitches after this point as we did not speak to them, is that enough as I was reading to the Martin Lewis site and I crafted the letter below to be sent to Hfc is that ok or jumping the gun?

HFC Bank Limited

NORTH STREET

WINKFIELD

WINDSOR

BERKSHIRE

SL4 4TD

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: xxxxxxxx

I purchased the above policy from you in [insert date] but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following:

This is due to the fact that you have been fined by the FSA for failing to treat your customers fairly when selling Payment Protection Insurance and I do not believe that my policy was sold in my best interests.

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

• your salesperson implied that taking out the policy would assist my credit application.
  • your salesperson was very pushy in selling me the policy so that I felt I could not say no.
  • your salesperson implied that taking out the policy was essential for me to get the associated.
  • i am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Me

I will be sending out SARs to the rest and see what comes back.

(and thanks for the prompt and good response :p)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

I have the paperwork for my wifes loans and one of our hfc loans, and we did not have any sales pitches after this point as we did not speak to them, is that enough as I was reading to the Martin Lewis site and I crafted the letter below to be sent to Hfc is that ok or jumping the gun?

HFC Bank Limited

NORTH STREET

WINKFIELD

WINDSOR

BERKSHIRE

SL4 4TD

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: xxxxxxxx

I took out a loan/credit card with your organisation on (date) and was persuaded at the time to purchase Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), which was added to the loan/card. Having investigated this matter and in the light of the FSA's recent report and findings on mis-selling of PPI, I now believe that I was mis-sold this policy.

I note that your organisation has been fined by the FSA for failing to treat your customers fairly when selling Payment Protection Insurance and I do not believe that the policy that was sold to me met my own personal needs and circumstances, not did your organsation follow FSA regulations and guidelines in the sale of a financial product to me your customer.

I do not believe that I was treated in a fair and responsible way, nor was I given the correct information when the policy was sold to me:

• your salesperson implied that taking out the policy would assist my credit application.
  • your salesperson was very pushy in selling me the policy so that I felt I could not say no.
  • your salesperson implied that taking out the policy was essential for me to obtain the loan/card.
  • I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was sold to me in a fair and reasonable way and that you followed FSA rules and guidelines during the sale, I will be requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money, I will also be claiming 8% statutory interest to the amount claimed, which is the amount a court would award.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter. If you do not enter into a sincere dialogue with me and provide a satisfactory response, I will escalate my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman for a full investigation.

Yours faithfully,

Me

I will be sending out SARs to the rest and see what comes back.

(and thanks for the prompt and good response :p)

Hi Vanderpelt

I've taken the liberty of amending you letter to include a little more information to help your case, and tweaked a few things here and there.

I have left in some either ors for you to amend as appropriate :) ...

Thanks for that, i have copied and pasted to word and have made ready to sign.

Do i state that i want a responce in xx days/weeks or do i leave it as prompt responce?

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

VP, this is your initial letter informing HFC that you are unhappy.

I would always advise allowing the lender a little time to investigate at this stage of proceedings. What you need to bear in mind is the volume of complaints for mis-sold PPI that they will be receiving at this time ... they have been fined after all and are known to offer a poor service to their customers in selling products so they may be a tad busy and you are, after all, a reasonable person ... :rolleyes:

Give them at least 28 to reply to you; they will probably send you a generic 'go away, we haven't mis-sold you' letter, then you can move to your LBA and give them 14 days in which to reconsider their position and return your pennies ... :)

Then you will need to decide whether you escalate your complaint to the FOS or issue an N1 in Court.

I would recommend thinking ahead and planning for each stage of reclaiming and reading all the stickies and successes threads in the PPI forum.

As this is your first PPI reclaim, it will act as a kind of blueprint for the next one.

hello VP,

Paintball give sound advice IMHO. So go for it;)

VP, this is your initial letter informing HFC that you are unhappy.

I would always advise allowing the lender a little time to investigate at this stage of proceedings. What you need to bear in mind is the volume of complaints for mis-sold PPI that they will be receiving at this time ... they have been fined after all and are known to offer a poor service to their customers in selling products so they may be a tad busy and you are, after all, a reasonable person ... :rolleyes:

Give them at least 28 to reply to you; they will probably send you a generic 'go away, we haven't mis-sold you' letter, then you can move to your LBA and give them 14 days in which to reconsider their position and return your pennies ... :-)

Then you will need to decide whether you escalate your complaint to the FOS or issue an N1 in Court.

I would recommend thinking ahead and planning for each stage of reclaiming and reading all the stickies and successes threads in the PPI forum.

As this is your first PPI reclaim, it will act as a kind of blueprint for the next one. Yes best to keep copies of everything,

Good luck with your quest and painty you are a true star helper:-D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks aa, you are a star helper too, brilliant at noticing errors and typos ... :D

Yes, keep a copy of each letter you write VP, and send it first class recorded delivery so that you can keep track online of when the letter is signed for by the recipient.

Ok letter amended, and date found (bless the lady at HFC she tried to lend me more money ;))

I will leave the letter as is and put a date in my diary for a chaser, thanks for the help and off to bed for me

Van

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Well another folder created (makes my 17th of its kind :)) and the letter is going to be sent today recorded delivery, so we shall see.

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

• 2 weeks later...

BTW for the loans that we have PPI on at present, is it ok to insist that it gets removed, and that it WILL make our payments smaller?

as HFC kept insisting that it wouldnt and would not do it for me

Van

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Well another folder created (makes my 17th of its kind :)) and the letter is going to be sent today recorded delivery, so we shall see.

Sooooo organised my dear :D Note to self; sort letters into folders for new claims :rolleyes:

BTW for the loans that we have PPI on at present, is it ok to insist that it gets removed, and that it WILL make our payments smaller?

as HFC kept insisting that it wouldnt and would not do it for me

Van

That is a whole new ball game Van. As PPI is NOT compulsory, you are within your rights to cancel. I would urge you though, to check out the small print in the T&Cs for these a/cs just to check if you are entitled to a reimbursement.

If you feel PPI has been mis-sold on these ac/s too, then have a think about the reasons why and start new threads for them ... :-D

Painty

It drives my wife to distraction as in our living room on the table we have a huge crate with around 20 folders now of all the paperwork (as out of sight out of mind).

Well this thread will become the HFC thread since they are the worse culprits I have. I am currently paying a loan with them (and have sent them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) today so that I can get accurate paperwork). But is it better to leave the loan payments as they are and argue it all when I have the paperwork (so money back you greedy oiks and also don’t charge me any more) or go to the closest branch and get them to remove it (maybe with a shovel)

Also is it £10 per lender or account (as we have 2 hsbc loans, one paid off the other, and 2 HFC loans) so is that £20, or £40?

thanks

Edited by Vanderpelt
Missed a question, me being a muppet

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

I have had a letter from HFC today which raised a number of interesting questions, they have sent me there Complaints procedure and in it, it states that they have 5 working days to respond to my request. Here are the current facts.

I sent it on the 8 October.

So allowing for 7 days (to be generous I should have had a response by (as in my grubby mitts) by the 15 October.

They sent it on the 16th October and it got to me on the 22nd October.

So my original though is that they could not follow their own guidelines why should I? However I will allow them to the end of next week (so 23 Days from my first letter) before I respond.

Or should I respond to this letter with an acknowledgement and how long I think they should take?

Thanks

Van

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to have a full response i and i have drafted a kick them harshly letter. If someone (eg PB) have a quick look to make sure it is right

I refer to my letter dated 8 October 2008 in which I wrote asking for justification that the insurance sold with my loan was sold fairly, reasonably and within my best interests. A copy of this letter is enclosed for your information.

To date, I have not received a full response from you with regards this matter so I am writing again to request a full refund of the premiums, subsequent interest that I have paid on these premiums and the 8% statutory interest that a court would award.

The response that I received on the (DATE), enclosed a copy of your complaints procedure which stated that you would have a full response within 5 working days, this has passed and no response has been forthcoming. Further that if a full response could not be provided then an interim letter would be sent to me to inform me of the current progress, I have also not received this. Therefore I have sent this letter to yourselves as well as to the following department of your organisation HFC Bank Limited Customer Complaints Team.

If I have not heard from you within 14 days I shall be taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

ME

Thanks

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Gone today, sent one to the place i complained before, the second the the next stage in the process, maybe i will get the refund twice :p

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Hi VP

Just a quick question in regards to the initial letter you send requesting for a refund. Did you leave all of the following bullet points in your letter or did you delete as appropriate?

I do not believe that I was treated in a fair and responsible way, nor was I given the correct information when the policy was sold to me:

• your salesperson implied that taking out the policy was essential for me to obtain the loan/card.
  • I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

I am looking to make a claim for a halifax credit card containg repayments cover and in the proccess of sending of a letter requesting a refund.

I have already recieved a S.A.R but only contains statements for the entire period, should I send another S.A.R reqeust asking for full disclosure and would this also include them sending the CCA or should I send a seperate CCA request aswell as a S.A.R?

Are there any suitable threads V halifax credit card repayments cover I could follow?

Apologies for posting in your thread, I will be starting my own threads soon and will be making them as detailed as possible including all the steps I have taken and just prepating for them.....

Pinny

Short answer is all of them, as they were all equally true, and also it is on the side of HFC to prove they didnt.

and whilst i have no problems with your posting it can cause issues with who is posting to what later on, trust me they dont leave you hanging here!

Van

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

• 4 weeks later...

Well good news, i have been offered £211 + change for the Complaint that i have made (the figures appear to be around right), and that means that was dealt with.

Second one is due to start, but a few questions if i may

We are still paying the loan (with PPI added in) the amount left to pay is around £2,000, and if HFC follow suit then by the time they respond with an offer it will be aorund £1,600. So will they pay off the loan then send me the balance or simply send me the money.

Also will i have to get a new loan for the existing one?

thanks

Van

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Well good news, i have been offered £211 + change for the Complaint that i have made (the figures appear to be around right), and that means that was dealt with.

Was this for the Beneficial Financial loan that you mentioned in your post #1?

Well done though ...:)

Second one is due to start, but a few questions if i may

We are still paying the loan (with PPI added in) the amount left to pay is around £2,000, and if HFC follow suit then by the time they respond with an offer it will be aorund £1,600. So will they pay off the loan then send me the balance or simply send me the money.

Also will i have to get a new loan for the existing one?

thanks

Van

I think I suggested earlier that you check out the T&Cs if you have them for the HFC loan to verify the cancellation details.

If you believe that this product has been mis-sold (this is your wife's loan?) then you will be starting afresh with the process of letters. You will want this product cancelled and a reduction accordingly in your payments with return of however much the premiums are and the interest attached to these.

:)

• 1 month later...

Well got the new informatrion and have sent off letter to HFC again today so here we go again :p

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

• 1 month later...

Not had a responce and on around day 41 of the 8 weeks or so. So sent a reminder to the same department and the next level in their internal step.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON