Haven cancelled our holiday!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would like to know the legalities of the following.

We had booked a Sun £9.50 holiday to go to Berwick in the Oct break. Phoned today to pay for power charge etc, to be told our holiday was cancelled on the 26th Aug as we hadn't paid this 8wks before as per the booking confirmation. This is different to last year when I paid 2wks before!

I asked why a reminder had not been sent and was told that it was not company policy , again diff from last year. Was told that there was a phonecall on the 26th, but there was no message on my machine.

Asked why have I not been sent a notice of cancellation, was told that it was up to me to find out the holiday had been cancelled!

I was told that if there had been availability my holiday would be reinstated but as there is not they won't.

Should I have received a reminder or a cancellation notice?

I know I should have paid the 8 wks before but I thought I had when the confirmation came in and then it has slipped my mind.

Hope someone can help.

As someone who works in Travel, I think that Haven are in the legal right to do this. Unfortunatley when you book, you also agree to the terms & conditions. The terms & conditions will state dates by which monies have to be paid. We as a Travel Agency always send out reminders but the Holiday companies dont send us reminders & some simply take the money out of our account when it is due regardless of whether we have been paid.

As far as reinstating the Holiday goes, there is not set way in which to deal with this, it often depends on the mood of the person you are talking to!

Agree with blinkbonny, but I am suprised you didn't receive a cancellation invoice as most reservation systems would automatically generate one as soon as the booking was cancelled?? They must not have sent it? Not really good enough! Sorry you lost your holiday.:(

Thanks for all your help. Have read through the T & C's and nowhere does it say that if you don't pay your Elec etc before you arrive the holiday will be cancelled, but it does say that you should receive a cancellation notice if they do. Also the info regarding payment 8wks before arrival is on the back at the bottom of the T & C's. Off to find their head office address to write a letter of complaint.

L