UKPC battle reached debt collectors - desperate for advice PLEASE!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I’ve been browsing this forum for quite some time now and I found it very helpful in dealing with my UKPC claim. Unfortunately, my case has now reached a letter from DEBT COLLECTORS who are saying that they will pass the matter to their solicitor with 7 days if I do not pay in full (now £135).

I still believe my case is unfair and I’m desperate for some help.

Basically, I turned into a parking to answer a mobile phone and stopped in a disabled bay, never left the car, never shut down the engine. I saw in the rear view mirror a UKPC parking attendant approaching and taking a photo of my car. He then asked me for a disabled badge, I apologised and drove off. He said OK and left.

Two weeks later – a £45 fine. Followed by a letter from me, then another one back saying that no matter what I say with no badge I’d have to pay. I answered with a second letter which followed by a £90 notice. In turn, I sent my final letter. All correspondence attached below.

What do I do now, when the case has been forwarded to the debt collectors???

Thank you in advance for your help

Taras

My letters:

Dear UKPC,

I write with attention to the above parking notice.

I see your charge as unlawful, unenforceable and I am not liable.

Any further communication from yourselves, other than notification of cancellation of the ticket and any purported charges, will be regarded as harassment, under The Administration of Justice Act 1970, and I will have no hesitation in taking the matter to local MP's, the DTI, BPA and the DVLA.

---------------------------------

Further to the UKPC letter on 26.08.08, it has been advised by a third party involved in this matter to obtain the following documents from the UKPC in order to anticipate further actions:

• A photographic evidence (copy) of the vehicle’s windscreen without a valid disabled permit on display.
  • A copy of a PCN ticket issued at the time of claimed offence.
  • Full name of the issuing UKPC officer.

Best Regards,

----------------------------------------

I refer to previous correspondence on above mentioned dates.

I note that you refer to me as owner. I have acknowledged only that I am the keeper.

If your allegation is that I was the driver then please produce evidence of this to substantiate your claim. I have to advise you that the driver could have been any one of a number of people and I keep no records of who has driven the car on any given day.

I also note your comments about debt collectors. Given that this debt is in dispute I shall simply advise them that the debt is in dispute and they will have to refer back to you.

Finally, I do not feel that you are acting reasonably in this matter.

I have asked you to provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me and you have not done so. I feel that I have done all that I can to assist you. Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to help you further in this matter.

This alleged debt therefore remains disputed by me. Save for supplying the evidence referred to above I must ask you to cease and desist correspondence with me.

Other than as described above, any further correspondence from you or any other party in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

---------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me solve this problem...

Hello all.

I’ve been browsing this forum for quite some time now and I found it very helpful in dealing with my UKPC claim. Unfortunately, my case has now reached a letter from DEBT COLLECTORS who are saying that they will pass the matter to their solicitor with 7 days if I do not pay in full (now £135).

There is nothing unusual in a PPC referring it to a debt collector (who is often just another person in their own office sitting at another desk).

"Unfortunately" for the PPC that is. It means they didn't land someone who is going to pay them. they have zero chance with this and they know it. that won't stop them send you more rubbish letters though. Never forget they play a percentage game. let them waste their time and money sending you letters, just keep them safe in the drawer and live your life.

Don't be scared by the term 'debt collector'. Unless you've lost in court and still refuse to pay, they can do absolutely nothing. Seriously.

A debt collection agency is just a company like any other. If the letter was headed "Joe Bloggs Plumbers", would you be getting worried? All they do is send letters and very very occasionally knock on your door. That's the limit of their powers - they can knock on your door and ask for some money. You could either not answer, tell them to get lost or invite them in for tea and biscuits. They still couldn't do anything.

If anything, a debt collector getting involved is a good thing. If they had a case, they'd just go straight to court. As they don't, they just want to scare you into paying, and the 'debt collector' (cue lightning sound effects) is just the next step along the way before they give up.

Thank you all for a quick reply.

What should my actions be next? Debt collectors told me to respond within 7 days or….

Should I write back stating my reasons for unlawfulness of this claim again?

Thanks

they won't waster petrol coming round - they know they have NO POWERS AT ALL. Usual scare tactics, unlawful and probably illegal (can't say about the illegal part without seeing the paperwork but it is not unusual to see illegality)