Settled Debt Coming Back To haunt PLEASE HELP

snidershappy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone please advise About 3yrs ago my friend bought a watch costing £80 from Kays Catalogue after making her last payment she was given a charge of £15 late payment fee, She refused to pay it because she said the statement had been late hense the late payment Well as you can imagine more & more £15's were added then passed to a DCA then they added fees for this an that which totalled to around £280. I wrote her a letter to get the debt passed back to Kays and after they looked at her statements & much debating with Kays they saw it was all fees & scrapped the debt & told her it was now sorted & that was the end of it but now out of the blue 3yrs later she has received a letter from a DCA demanding she pay £280 that was owed to Kays she is in a tissy over this can anyone help or is there any letter templates for this

Many Thanks

Hi

told her it was now sorted & that was the end of it

Did she get this in writing? I would tell the DCA it is made up of unlawfull charges and put in a claim for them.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

can't see how you can claim back charges that you never actually paid:roll:

i think this is a case of a dca fishing on an old debt and seeing if they can catch a mug who will pay.

but yes, you need to find the old letter detailing that the debt is settled and copy it to the dca, or you need to get kays to write again confirming it is settled.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can't see how you can claim back charges that you never actually paid:roll:

dx

The way I see it, if the debt is made up of charges irrespective if they were paid or not, if they go to court you counterclaim for the charges which will be ofset against the alleged debt, thus cancelling out what is owed.:cool:

Hey, I could be wrong.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.