Pam V. Halifax "unable to make a refund"!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, Can anyone help me?

this is the content of two letters (FF1) I received from Stephanie McVean customer services.

"I regret to advise you that, having fully considered your request, we are unable to make a refund of the charges applied to your Bank Account.

I advise that under the Terms and Conditions of the account, Halifax can levy charges when there are insufficient funds in the account to cover items, which are presented for payment. We trust that customers understand these Terms and Condiitons when entering into this legally binding contract with us. Unfortunately, I am unable to refund any charges on his (sic) occaision, as there has been no error on the part of the Halifax.

Please find enclosed a copy of the Terms and Conditions of the account and also a leaflet outlining the Complaints procedure, should you wish to take your query further.

If you need any more information, please contact our Customer Service Team on the above number Blah Blah BLah!!!"

Can anyone help me, is this the end? Can I still make a claim, or shall I instigate proceedings? Has anyone else had this type of letter?:mad:

Can anyone help me, is this the end? Can I still make a claim, or shall I instigate proceedings? Has anyone else had this type of letter?:mad:

Have you sent the LBA letter if so and the 14 days are up then yes its time to go to court

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

write back rejecting partial offer. state that you intend to proceed now as court proceedings issued for the full refund, it may be a late letter in reply to an LBA.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Don't reject the offer BUT accept in partial settlement. This is the correct procedure. Then continue until you get full settlement. Rejecting is wrong as it gives the message that you are unreasonable. It only matters if it gets to court, which it won't!