Parking fine Railway yard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody.On returning to my car parked for a couple of minutes outside my office, which I lease within a Railway Yard,a penalty fine appeared from NCP policing the yard for the railway.Anyone know about "Right of access" to an office,from point of view of appealing this dumb fine.Regards Onepro.

Edited by ONEPRO
Incorrect use of term

Cross Country are not a PPC, they are a train operator, hence the railway byelaws are applicable. However, you mentioned NCP in your original post, they are a PPC.

If the fine is payable to "Cross Country" then it is likely that NCP are acting on behalf of Cross Country, railway byelaws may well apply, you should not ignore.

However, if the "fine" is payable to NCP, then it may just be the usual PPC misinformation.

It is worth a detailed check of your paperwork.

Thanks again for your reply.The point in contention is not the fine but as a leaseholder of an office within the station carpark can I argue I have right of access to my office and leaving the car there for 1 or 2 minutes was for that practiticality,A bit like say a delivery driver dropping off goods for 1 or 2 minutes and being fined.Any input would be appreciated.Regards ONEPRO

Yes but in the case of this being a PPC, rather than a railway company, the fine is entirely unenforceable in any event - hence the questions above.

Ultimately, the answer to your question specifically will be in your leasehold agreement, and that alone. None of us can answer that specific question without seeing the leasehold.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!