Me, Myself & MBNA - Help required

Gertrude-Loves_Credit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gertrudelovescredit

This is the best i could find so far but wonderedi if this letter amended to suit your situation would be a help

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello good people! Not wanting to hijack your thread but did you see my latest:

icon1.gif Re: AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

"we are sorry we have not been able to supply you with a photocopy of the original". How very nice of them to put it in writing! :-)

Obviously in your case they did not send you a signed application form but you could say instaed all they have sent you is current terms and conditions and not a copy of your original signed agreement blah blah!:)

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hello good people! Not wanting to hijack your thread but did you see my latest:

icon1.gif Re: AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

"we are sorry we have not been able to supply you with a photocopy of the original". How very nice of them to put it in writing! :-)

Hi AA99!

Thats great news!:)

Was your card originally taken out with MBNA or was it bought by them from another provider?

I had some cards originally with HBOS, but these were bought by MBNA a few years ago. They couldn't provide a signed agreement for these.

IMO, no signature of debtor = no contract. No contract = no debt, but a gift;) Why how very generous, thank you MBNA:p

Thanks sunflower.

I think I got my card in 2001 or thereabouts.

Hi Gertrudelovescredit

Thats ok! Glad to have been able to be of some help!:)My MBNA card was taken out in 2002! but in my case MBNA sent me back a signed application form and are trying to imply that there are the prescribed terms and conditions on back of my application form!:roll:They are being quite crafty in my case as they sent me a photocopy of my signed application form on the front of paper and then photographed a piece of paper with ts and cs on back of paper impying but not actually saying that they are on back of application form but i am sure that they are not and they are trying to mislead me!but unless it goes to court and they are forced to produce original or they allow me to make an arrangement to inspect original it can not be proved!so now i am playing the wating game with them!and spending my time on this forum getting more and more knowledgeable about things so i can do battle with them or any other DCAs they sell my debt onto.You are very lucky as no agreeement no enforcement and if any DCA attempts to take any further action with you all you need to do is say that they appear not to have any agreement:-D also the fact that your card was taken out in 2001 is good as if they do eventually find something and try to send you a fudged up one or improperly executed one !the fact that you have a cca drawn up before 2006 makes it a lot harder for MBNA to get away with a sham one as the courts are a lot more limited if they stick to correct legal guidlines to making pre2006 CCAS enforceable!:-D

Thanks for your reply sunflower, greatly appreciated xx

Hi Gertrudelovescredit!

Thats ok i was glad i was of some help!:)I am so pleased for you that they have not got a CCA !:Dxx

• 1 month later...