Debenhams-RLP price tag switch-demand £137.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i went to debenhams and liked a shirt, since it didnt have a price tag i took the price tag from a similar shirt and put that on mine. after i paid and exited the shop the security asked me to come in they said they saw me trying to switch tags and that i was trying to steal it. i explained what happed and they said they are not calling the police or taking criminal action but said they are banning me from the store.they also said i would hbe hearing from retail loss prevention and i would have to pay a fine for my actions. i have got a letter now from retail loss prevention asking me to make a payment of £110 if i pay right now or £137 if i hoose to pay in installments. i would lik to know if they can start the criminal proceedings after i make a payment or will the payment i made be used as evidence against me as in admission of guilt?? since i didnt steal anything what will happen if i dont pay? could anyone please help me?

hi i read you message to ms mayer i am in a similar situation..i have recieved a letter from retail loss prevention asking me to make a payment of £137. i have spoken to them on the phone but have not paid so far. why did you ask her not to talk to RPl on the phone will that be usd as evidence against me?? am i in more trouble now as i hav spoken to them about the matter?? please reply

If you have done the same thing, you are indeed in trouble but could get out by some loophole or something. However if you wish, and if you have done the same as the OP, you could simply pay them the price they wanted in the first place.

hii gyzmo..thanks for the reply..what i want to know is although i'd like to make the payment and get it behind me..would they use the fact that i made the payment as evidence of admission of guilt?? and the debenhams security told me that there wont be and criminal procedings and police wont be involved it happend almost 2 months back...how can i be sure that they wont start crimnal proceedings after i make the payment??..how do i find out if there is a criminal proceeding going on?? do i have to see a solicitor now??

If they want to issue criminal proceedings they should have done so by now. I think at the moment it would remain a civil matter. You could SAR the store for info, or better still wait until someone else comes along with better advice. If no-one else comes along, I'll PM someone who I think could be in a better position o help.

TK Maxx tried this with us, £20 top, tagg fell off, paid £30 for it coz the Girl just scanned something else. Walked out the Door, got pulled back in, I really kicked off, demanded the Police be called. Manager Decided as we paid more for the Item, we could have a full refund and the Item. The problem is, u should always allow the police involved, demand it. You'd be very unlucky ifit went any further.

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

Posts merged and thread moved to General Consumer Issues

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)