kemjvm v Cap 1

kemjvm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have sent my request for refund to Cap 1 and have today received a letter back from them. It's the usual "we think £12 is a fair charge therefore we will reduce the fees and give you £x back....." and enclosing a page to sign as acceptance of offer.

They have actually offered the total amount I am claiming from them, which is great for me because I can just accept it! However, if I sign the form, will this make me unable to claim any charges back they may add in future? Should I write on there that I accept the full refund for past charges? This amount is not including any interest charges I may have had added on over time. Do I need to decline and pursue for interest back?

Thanks in advance

Hello kemjvm.

It depends what the form says. Can you post the wording of the form?

The amount of o/d interest will depend on the value and age of the charges. If you are claiming say £100 of recent charges, then the interest will be minimal. On the other hand, if your claim is several hundreds/thousands of pounds for charges going back a long time, then the interest element will be substantial.

However, if you mean statutory interest, then you can onlly add this if you submit a C.C. claim.

In the end, if you are satisfied with the offer, why push it? :)

Elsinore

hi elsinore, thanks for replying.

the form says:

"I Confirm my acceptance of Capital One's offer of late payment and overlimit fee refunds totalling £xxx. This action by Capital One is accepted by me as closure of my complaint about the fees added to my account

Signed ................

Dated................."

Now, on the letter itself it says:

"I've reviewed your account and, as a matter of goodwill, I'd like to reduce the fee's we've added to your account to £12. So I can do these refunds totalling £xxx, please sign and return the settlement form I have included. Once I get it back I'll add these refunds to your account"

My concern was that even though they have offered £xxx (which is all of my charges, and therefore a typo by them!), if I accept it and they charge me in future (which in this letter they say they will if I am late paying or over the limit), do they see this as me agreeing that they are justified in charging me £12?

Should I write on the form or attach a letter saying something like:

"I accept £xxx as payment of late & overlimit charge on my account as set out and requested in my letter dated xx/xx/xxxx."

Thanks in advance