Mercer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having just looked on this site, I was glad to see others talking about problems with Mercers.

I have been having calls from them for quite a while about a couple of people they are working for, like Barclaycard. I rang them up on Friday, then they called yesterday, but I didn't talk to them as I was busy, and they rang again today.

They are a total pain, they won't accept the payment I have been advised to offer, as I am not working, and cannot get Jobseekers. The only money I am getting is from Avon and that isn't much. I just wish these people would get the message.

Firstly two things:

1: DONT EVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE! - NEVER - They will try and get you to agree to stupid arangements.

2: You say its for barclaycard account. have you recieved letters from mercers yet?

You could send Mercers "Prove it" Letter which you will find HERE

but most of all dont worry, And dont call them!

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

hi

i have also been dealing with the idiots at Mercers and they have lost 1 payment that i made (via phone also made the offer via phone) allready and sent me lots of threatening letters. I have made an offer of payment to them (in writing) and they have not yet replied.

I believe the letters they send are computer genarated. No one at Mercers has replied to any letters that I have sent

Just had a letter that someone will be coming round to discuss my debt, even though they have not excepted my offer. I have written to them advising them anyone they send will not be invited.

My advice is don't answer there calls. insist that they put everything in wrinting. If they have your telephone number either change your number or send them a threatening letter asking them not to ring you but write instead.

Always chose to write to them instead and including the offer you made (always do it in writing).

Hope this helps

Edited by tosh1

Mercers are complete ****! They will harrass and harrass until you actually stand up to them. Once I double-whammied them with CCA and Phone Harrassment letters they have now left me alone for over six weeks!

If it wasn't for CAG I would still be getting hassle from them!! Just do what I did and CCA them.