HSB Charges

katylegs11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

when i claim for these charges...do i apply for interest on account too as they haven't put them down on list they have sent me

also looking back when i have talen loans oit with them going back to year 2001 and another 2002 a have paid for payment protection could i claim this back

by the way i have got more hours at work to improve my financial situation ..sooo glad!

Well done on setting up the new bank account katylegs - :) they can't get your money if it's in another bank! :D

It does sound like their usual tactics before trying to get you on a ML :eek:

"We can't give you this loan you're asking for , but there is another one you can have..........." - Resist with all your might - it's daylight robbery!

when i claim for these charges...do i apply for interest on account too as they haven't put them down on list they have sent me

also looking back when i have talen loans oit with them going back to year 2001 and another 2002 a have paid for payment protection could i claim this back

by the way i have got more hours at work to improve my financial situation ..sooo glad!

Yes you can if you think it was mis-sold katylegs - have alook at this link , then go to the PPI forum on here - there are people on there who will give you good advice

Reclaiming PPI

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/PPI

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

ok will do tomox thanks

up late trying to sort out theses charges

but can i claim from the bank

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

4)standing order charges £25/30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

just so i know what to claim

sorry!!

Yes you can if you think it was mis-sold katylegs - have alook at this link , then go to the PPI forum on here - there are people on there who will give you good advice

Reclaiming PPI

ok will do tomox thanks

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

sorry!!

Reclaiming PPI

Hello Katy, that's good advice from JM ... here's the link to the PPI forum where you can start a new thread for your PPI claim(s): Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Claims

ok will do tomox thanks

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

sorry!!

Your bank charges are a separate issue. In the past I would have said put all your claims together, however, in the light of my recent experience of amalgamating a PPI claim with charges, I am of the opinion that a PPI claim may be better off standing alone.

Hope this helps for the mo ... :)

PB is right KL , - because the PPI mis-selling is not part of the OFT Test Case , you're better claiming everything separately..... banks are paying out on PPI refunds ..............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PB is right KL , - because the PPI mis-selling is not part of the OFT Test Case , you're better claiming everything separately..... banks are paying out on PPI refunds ..............:)

can i claim for yrs 2001 2002 or is it too late?

sorry i don't understand?

up late trying to sort out theses charges...

can i claim for these with my

claim fof the bank charges

(will do my personal protection on loans claims seperatly)

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

sorry!!

Ok Katylegs - hope you're feeling better today........:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

When you're in doubt,by all means come and ask - but a lot of the answers are at your fingertips in the FAQs...........

Stick with it - you'll get there.....:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

then do i just add on 8% interest to thw whole claim

The Interest section only becomes active when you get your claim to court Katylegs - the amount you notify the bank of when sending prelim letter and LBA should not include this...... only print part of the spreadsheet, without the interest column......

can i claim for yrs 2001 2002 or is it too late?

You can comfortably claim 6 years back , KL - to October 2002...others have tried going further back with varying degrees of success ........

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

in answer to your question on another thread - here is a link for the answer Charges description on statements - Please Read

ask away if you still have questions. the banks make it so awkward by calling their fees by many different names. it's just a way of making it sound like they are justified - but as we always say - if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog and bites like a dog - it's a bank charge!

Snap , latty - I think you'll find that link is much the same as the one I posted earlier ....... :Dnot often I get one up on you eh?

Great to see you posting again .........

Nemo me impune lacessit

AH here's katy's thread,,, quick copy and paste :D

I'm assuming this is a credit card, if so....

1) interest charges yes a proportion that applies to the charges you are claiming back but not if they apply to the whole balance of your account.

2) card misuse about £20 yes

3) unpaid item £30 yes

4)standing order charges £25/30 yes if this is a returned item charge

5) temp limit fees £20 yes

6) Dr £10 yes

then do i just add on 8% interest to thw whole claim only after you file your claim with the County Court

sorry!!

hope that helps

pete

returned direct debits,

card mis-use,

unpaid standing order,

unpaid item,

exceeding your overdraft,

overdraft interest (see below),

total charges (see below)

notifed fees

Unauthorised overdraft arrangement fees

(more will be added as and when confirmation is found)

you can not claim for:

ATM (cash machine) usage (typically £1),

an agreed overdraft fee,

anything which is deemed a "service" by the bank

(more will be added as and when confirmation is found)

Overdraft interest

This is the single most confusing part of most peoples claim, and one of the most frequently asked questions

overdraft interest is applied to your whole overdraft, however if some of your overdraft is made up from (unlawfull) charges,

then a proportion of the interest has been wrongly applied and is therefore reclaimable

Example

you have a £400 overdraft, you purchase something that day for £200 so now you are -£200 on your current account balance, but on the same day £200 of charges are placed on your account, which means that your current account balance is now -£400 and the bank will charge interest on the whole £400, but as we are contesting that these charges are unlawfull, then the interest should not be placed on the whole amount, only on the amount that you have actually spent,

therefore in this example you can claim back 50% of the interest, however these calculations have to be done daily to truly reflect the amount which can be reclaimed,

Dont worry, Vampiress has made a spreadsheet that will calculate this for you, you can find it here, but please read the instructions that come with it;

Overdraft interest calculator thread

Total charges (HSBC)

Again this is another issue which many people aren't sure about,

total charges are reclaimable, they are a seperate issue to the other afore mentioned charges (card mis-use, returned d-d's etc), and are not simply all of these charges added together each month. so they are also claimable on top of the other charges

"total charges" also listed as notified fees refers to the charge they put on your account for going over your overdraft limit, this charge is calculated daily, and they can charge up to a maximum of £125 in one month for this, it is then debited from your account on a set date every month

Important!

For buisness accounts ONLY the "total charges" include a combination of reclaimable and genuine charges, and you will need a breakdown to exactly know what proportion of "total charges" are unlawful.

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta :wink:

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Last edited by Rooster-UK; 25th May 2008 at 19:59. Reason: Addition.. thanks freaky

user_offline.gifreputation.gif report.gif digg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

• Haha 1

Popping in my bank charges today!!!

can you help me with this one

how far back can you claim a refund for P/P cover on a loan

i've had approx five loans with HSBC since year 2001

with p/p cover paid up front

i.e 2001 loan p/p

2002 paid off loan with another from them p/p paid again

and so on....

how can i get all this information together

also i was not asked if i would want to pay i monthly did not know that was an option