• Tweets

• Other case law relied upon " On other record of reasons "
    • Page 2 – document 10 and 11 – you should include the fact that it is a Law reform commission report. Best to give it its full name if you can I suggest that you move paragraph 10 up to the first position – paragraph 5 and move everything down. I think other than that – it is good to go. I suggest you don't bother to do any more drafts. Simply rearrange the paragraphs as I suggested above then the title of the documents that you are relying on in the index page. Send it off and post your final version here so that everybody can see. I'm sorry about the delay. Thanks for reminding me
    • I have recently found myself in financial difficulties and with the help of forum members in another thread regarding this, I think I can get myself sorted. My query here is how to deal with a Cifas marker that has been logged against me by one of my creditors for "evasion of payment". Admittedly yes I did get a £5000 loan with them and have not paid any payment but at the start of the year, which is when the loan landed, I realised I was going to be struggling to repay that and other debts and I contacted MCB to ask if there was any way I could extend the loan from 24 months to 36 months. I explained my situation and that I was going with a DMP and asked them if they could help me with this. They did not reply. I then emailed them again a month later explaining that my DMP was going ahead and could they confirm that the direct debit was indeed cancelled. Again, they did not reply. The DMP fell apart and so did everything else thereafter. My bank withdrew my overdraft and said I could not stay with them (I thought initially that it was because of the DMP) so I opened another account (Starling) and set up all my direct debits etc with the new bank. A month into being with the new bank, they contacted me and said they were closing my account in three months. So I started applying for other basic accounts and every single one of them either refused or revoked.  Through the help in the other thread, I requested a SAR from Cifas and discovered that I have this marker against my name for "evasion of payment". I have logged a complaint with MCB on the advice of other forum members, but my query really is do you think the marker is fair given that I did ask them for help and I did explain that I was going to be struggling financially to repay the loan over the original two years, and is there any way that I can get it removed? I fully admit that I have yet to make a payment to them and I suppose in my naivety and panic I thought if I emailed them early on they could extend the loan and help me out, but they didn't even reply  I did manage to open an account with Monzo before the marker was in place, but I am very concerned that if Monzo do what Starling did, I will have no bank account to pay my bills or get my wages paid into.  Realistically based on the information I have given here, what do you think my chances are of getting this marker removed? Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated x
    • Thank you dx, that is what I intend to do now. I have gone through all the SAR documents, a lot of which I am seeing for the first time! As per my previous post #116 letters and statements alleged to have been sent to me, as recorded on their system notes I have not received. Letters I have sent requesting information and account statements have not been recorded as being received by them, all were sent either by Recorded or Special Delivery. I have all the proof you menrtioned from my files for payments and from their SAR info for fees added. Thanks t
    • In my experience (not with car payments) but with many other things, my partner has been ill and signed off in the past and we have been unable to meet various commitments.  Naturally if you ring the call centre they are going to fob you off and tell you you must pay, that's why that never ever works. I would obtain a note from her GP listing all her health issues plus medications plus side effects, then write to the finance company with a copy of it, explaining the situation, as you have here, asking for a payment holiday. Perhaps mention that the car is very much needed for hospital appointments etc. It's likely the finance company would rather you pay till term end than, chase you for money they will never see, and sell the car at auction for a loss,  You can search some of my threads going back years, advising people to do this for Council Tax, Tax Credits, HMRC, Even a solicitors company and it always works, because contrary to popular belief people are reasonable.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nellio v Co-op Bank - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The very best of luck to you, I got my money back from Co-op. Your money claim looks fine to me and as mentioned before if you have worked it out using the spreadhseet it should be cool.

The court fee of £80 is correct if you are claiming £905, so go for it an get it filed!!!

Good luck

Carly

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just to let you know I had a claim of just £700 and the fee was £80, so it is correct.

hth

Can I ask you to keep everything relevant to your claim in one thread. It makes it a lot easier for us to help you

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

IThe claimant claims interest under

section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at

the rate of 8% a year from 31/12/2003 to

14/07/2006 of £905 and also interest at the

same rate up to the date of judgement or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £83.87.

Does the above seem ok? I'm a bit confused regarding the last bit regarding the daily rate.

any suggestions most welcome. Good luck to each and everyone of us.

The daily rate cannot be £83.87, the maximum daily rate on a claim of £5000 is £1.09 and are you claiming £905 or is this the 8% interest on your claim?

I submitted my claim last Friday and received a reply from Northhampton CC on Tuesday 18th July saying that notice had been served on Monday 17th July. Today (thursday 20th) i received a letter from the the Co-op bank. I was very excited to see what they had to say......

Dear Mr C, our investigation is still incomplete, please bear with us for us to deleiver the best outcome, blah, blah blah....

This is the fifth letter in 6 weeks so surley the time has come to defend or give in.

Buggers!

Today (Friday 21st July) i received a package from the Co-op bank! Was it my money? I hear you ask. Was it? Was it?

Was it b*****K$. It was a bar of chocolate. Honestly!

For being a privilage account holder i received a bar of chocolate.

they wont give me a cheque book for an account i pay £7.50 per month for but i am allowed chocolate.

It is maybe in the hope i choke on it, aha! but I'll sue them also for unsolicited chocolate bars.

You couldn't make it up.

The same chocalte can be bought for 77p at my local Co-op as it is Freetrade. Add at least 30p for the fancy packaging and 30p postage and it all adds up to a complete waste of money.

I just want my money back not chocolate.

Absolutely unbelievable!!!

If they have got the money to waste on chocolate then they shouldn't have any problem paying us all back, should they?!!

Absurd and insulting, bu nothing surprises me about banks anymore!!!

Carly:eek:

After reading what the chocolate is for i found out it is to share a celebration of the privelage accounts 5th birthday. Whoopeedoo!

give me my £905 back and i'll throw a party myself.

give me my £905 back and i'll throw a party myself.

Classic!!!!

I'm starting to sweat a little now, it appears the Co-op bank have been settling at the LBA stage and yet I had my Moneyclaim case issued on 17/07/2006 and all they send me is the usual crap, "please bear with us etc". Oh, and a bar of chocolate. I'm now worried that I will be 'the one' or that they know something blocking such claims are in the pipeline.

Please send me some good news.

I am going through the moneyclaim part now and i'm considering sending this letter to the bank. Please soomeone stop me if it will jepordise the claim or green light me if it'll do no harm. Cheers

xxxxxxxxx

15 xxxxx

Bxxxxxr

Rxxxxn

Tyne & Wear

xxxxxxxx

0792xxxxxxxx

26/07/2006

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Account no: xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr Wyman,

I am writing to comment on frankly how shocked I am at the speed my complaint/claim is being dealt with.

I continue to receive letters from you asking me to be patient whilst ‘investigations are ongoing’. Considering that the charges are laid out in front of you I can’t understand why it is taking so long.

It is clear that the bank is wasting my time and as a result of which I opened a court claim on 14/07/2006 which was issued 17/07/2006.

Also, I received a standard letter from Val McCarren on the 25/07/2006 asking me to clear my overdraft and send back my debit card and destroy my chequebook. If you could be so kind to inform her I returned the card to your department 3 weeks ago and have never had/used a chequebook.

I propose that you credit my privilege account with the amount I am claiming which will more than adequately cover the cost of the overdraft. To remind you I am claiming the following amounts: £905, charges, £83.87 interest at the daily rate of 0.22% and £80 court costs. Total amount of claim: £1068.87.

1 of 2

I sincerely hope this matter will be resolved soon thus resulting in less costs for both myself and the bank. Once the money is credited to me I will contact the court to close the claim and there will be no further action.

I await your reply.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxx

I don't know about the letter, but I never got a chocolate bar, and I'm a Priviledge customer. Harumph!

Actually, having thought about it, is the above letter going to make much difference. IT not as if you threaten anything, is it, it's just telling them how cross you are, innit?

Sorry! That's not v helfpul, eh?

don't waste your time writing to them, it's time for you to sit back and wait for THEIR offer to come to YOU!

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Here's one for someone to answer and me to get parenoid about. IMy Moneyclaim case was issued to the bank almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't had any acknowledgment etc which is suprising considering other Co-op cases being settled before court action.

I owe £153 on an overdraft pay pay £7.50 per month to subscribe to, although I receive none of the privilages of the 'privilage account' (cheque book and discounted weekends in s****y hotels. Now they owe me £1068 which far outweighs what they want form me. I have told them they can re-credit my account minus the £153. Now this is where it gets interesting.... The arrears dept is calling my Mum's house every night and my Mum tells them I dion't live there anymore. I changed my address with them over a year ago and receive my statements at new address yet they still insist on calling my Mum's house. My Mum has also gave them my mobile but they refuse to call me direct and keep hassling her. She is a sick lady and doesn't need this crap as she is green as grass and thinks 'the tick men' will come and take goods from her house no matter what I try to tell her. By the time I get in from work their dept is closed and I'm too busy to call them on my lunch as lunch is a privilage where I work.

So.... are they charging me for each call they make trying to bring the balance of the claim back into their favour? Let's say that they charges £25 for a true manual intervention by trying to recover this debt. Am I thinking too far out the box or could this be possible?

Grateful for any advice on this one. Good luck to each and everyone of us!

If the Co-op haven't acknowledged by day 14, you can apply for judgement by default. Check the state of play on moneyclaim

As far as phone calls are concerned send them this letter, amended to the situation re: your Mum.

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing to express my serious concerns regarding both the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I am now formally requesting that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that these phone calls stop immediately. I am now familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request no later than 2 working days after postage and I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence. (Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!)

Yours faithfully,