Am I Entitled to Maternity Allowence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would be very grateful of any information anyone can forward me please on the following matter:

I was employed for 4yrs by a company who are working on behalf of and are funded by the Welsh Assembly Government. On the 14th of May 2008 i left the job due to being victimised by my manager but then 2 days after leaving, i discovered i was 2 weeks pregnant!

I am now struggling to find another job due to me being pregnant and many employers not wanting to take on someone pregnant due to having to pay maternity leave when i get closer to having the baby and am therefore currently employed.

If only i had found out i was pregnant 2 days earlier i would have stuck out the job and would have been entitled to maternity leave and paid leave for all appointments in the meantime but as it is now, i am struggling to make ends meet.

I left my employment on the 14th of May and discovered i was pregnant on the 16th of May! I was actually pregnant whilst i was employed by this company but at the time i didnt know and was actually 2/3 weeks pregnant when i left.

I suspect i am going to be told what i have already suspected, but thought i may be wrong and thought id pop my question on here hoping someone may tell me some good news.

Even though i have now left the company i worked for but was pregnant prior to leaving and only left due to being victimised (Nothing to do with my pregnancy) would i still be able to claim or even a small portion of maternity leave pay now even though i have left? I worked as a full time employee for 4yrs doing 48hrs + per week working 12hr shifts.

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

You need to tell us your EWC i.e. week baby due. Everything will be calculated from this.

The definitive date for this will be what UR midwife puts on the MATb1 form @ 20 week scan

But don't get UR hopes up re SMP because as if U R right about beng 2 weeks pregnant when U left I reckon U won't qualify as you need (i think) to have been working for your employer in the Qualifying Week which is 15 weeks before the EWC - apologies if my dates are wrong as i need to double check this tomorrow!

But there is a benefit called Materniy Allowance paid at same rate as SMP if you worked full-time for 4yrs before preganancy you will almost certainly qualify for this. See DWP or Jobcentre+ for deatils on how to apply or google 'Maternity Allowance'

Edited by elche

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for your reply. My expected delivery date is 7th of Febuary 2009.

I will take a look at the maternity allowence website and see if i can gather any more information. I have previously asked at the jobcentre but they wernt much help and i seem to have gathered alot more information off this brilliant website than any other.

Becky

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date