style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, but they can claim its 40 days from when they recieve payment.

however, a credit company is not forth comming with my data request.

I intend on making a claim for a limited amount, thus hoping they come up with the goods.

I have heard the IC will just tell the company what they should be doing, take a long time, not do a proper investigation. And then basically come back and say you have the right to take them to court to retrive the information.

I'm not prepared to wait about on disputes, not knowing what situations I may be in a few months time, means I wish to get the quickest turnaround possible.

if you wait 40 days for a dpa request, then 2 weeks for a initial responce, then 2 weeks before the bank contacts you, then 2 weeks untill you have to ask for it back or this means court, then 2 weeks for them to acknowledge, then 2 weeks for their defence..... you are looking at 5 months. now unless you are looking at a tremendous sum(where you may be accuring a decent amount of interest) you can see my point.

those who have 2-4k+ spanning over 6 years, interest will be between 20-50 a week in some cases, all very good, but charges will then be dropping off everyday now the amount is in dispute.

I have given my credit card organistion the authorisation if nessasary to put it on my account(10quid), perhaps this was not such a good idea.

Will be contacting the data controller on friday, however if you issue a claim with out knowing the amount in dispute surlely the information will have to be made availible anyway(unsure on what grounds, must be evidence)

just think though, the longer they take the more interest you can claim back in court. im annoyed they are taking so long with me but the interest on the claim is adding up nicely. they owe me almost 10 quid since the claim went in and its going up by 15 quid a month, the claim has gone up by 41 quid since i started trying to get the money back. this is what makes me wonder why banks take so long to settle - the longer it takes the more it costs them!

You can continue with the claim if you like - did you give them a set amount of time to return your money to you before you started action - i.e. - A letter before action?

Hi

No all i have done so far is ask for the information where they can charge you 10pound.

Where do i go from that then, as i say i only have 2 statemnets missing so i am willing to leave a couple of charges if thats possible.

Thanks

Stef

• 1 year later...
  • 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks