New Approach from the Abbey ?

kippax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been monitoring events on this site for a while. Just basically doing a little personal research.

Probably like many I was hesitant about going ahead.

However this month they took the usual 4 days to clear a cheque and on the third day KB'd a number of DDs on the account. The result was over £200 in bank charges which I will now have to find. Basically it means I will not be able to cover my mortgage next month.

It was really the final straw. Still I tried the usual thing of ringing them. After 3 or 4 attempts at avoiding the Asian call centre I finally got through to one in the UK.

Explained that I was at the end of my teather and asked if he was aware of the number of people currently queuing up to take them to task over this. He seemed very well informed and even mentioned the OFT decision and indriectly this site. However he also said there was absolutely nothing they could do over the phone aside from a £50 gesture refund. He recommended that I make an appointment at a local branch. I expalined that I had tried in the past to sort out other issues at the branch, but on each occasion was simply referred to the phone on the wall.

He was very persistent and insisted that on this matter, there would be somebody that could help.

So I'm presently going back through 6 years of statements, over 3 accounts and creating a spreadsheet to detail exactly the charges that have been levvied against me.

Does anybody else think that this will be a fruitless visit ? Could I just use it as an opportunity initiate my claim ? Has anybody else had a similar invite ?

Does anybody else think that this will be a fruitless visit ? Could I just use it as an opportunity initiate my claim ? Has anybody else had a similar invite ?

Waste of time in regards to getting all your money back, but you could take your DPA letter and set the ball rolling. Get a signed receipt for letter and £10 fee.

I imagined as such.

So away we go.... :grin:

I have my statements so I can skip the DPA bit yeh ?

Just a little advice pls.

I have 3 Abbey accounts. 2 in my name, 1 is joint. Am I right in thinking that I need to make at least 2 claims, 3 if the total claim for the accounts in my name exceeds £5K ?

1 more question. Looking at the available spreadsheets. There seem 2 available. 1 with accrued interest on the incorrectly debited charges and one without. Whatever, I dont use the one with 8% on until a fle is claimed. So what is the difference between the accrued interest spreadsheet and the 8% one ?

I have 3 Abbey accounts. 2 in my name, 1 is joint. Am I right in thinking that I need to make at least 2 claims, 3 if the total claim for the accounts in my name exceeds £5K

If all 3 total less than £5000, you can make 1 claim. Otherwise make 2 claims so that each is below £5000

1 more question. Looking at the available spreadsheets. There seem 2 available. 1 with accrued interest on the incorrectly debited charges and one without. Whatever, I dont use the one with 8% on until a fle is claimed. So what is the difference between the accrued interest spreadsheet and the 8% one ?

Second spraedsheet is to calculate the interest charged on the penalty charges. You add this to the penalty charges in the prelim and LBA letters (this spreadsheet also has a separate sheet for calculating the 8%)

First spreadsheet is only for s69 county Court Act interest of 8% on the charges + interest on penalties, but you don't claim this until you file at court.