npower undercharge - do i have to pay ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all advice appreciated, moved out of a flat around one month ago, a letter has arrived stating i have been undercharged due to the pre-payment meter not being on the correct rate since last reset and i now owe them £140+ my question is do i have to pay i dont believe its my liability ensure its the correct rate, i thought it was all automated!

Hiya, need a little more info. . .

Was is gas or electric, if electric was it a key, token or card meter.

How long did you have this meter for ?

How long has the debt been accruing ?

How long did you live at the property ?

Did they send you quartly statements ?

When was your last statement ?

Have they based this on estimated readings ?

did start your account and end it on correct read ?

Hi we were in same position with pre-payment electric meter had a bill for £100. I argued the toss with various empty heads at the call centre and got nowhere. I was told by one employee they never updated our meter when the prices went up and when I said that was not my fault and I couldn't update the meter that was their responsibility he told me it was happening all over the country. I read that ofgem had noticed this problem and had told them they had to reduce the debt I think it was by 30%. I got no joy from the call centre they told me I had used the electricity so I had to pay. Henc a phone call to Energy watch- they were fantastic put me through to a dept in Npower specifically for escalated complaints- they reduced bill to £70 and I am paying £5 a month. £70 is the lowest they can go to. I would ring Energy watch but be quick cos they told me that it was getting finished in September so get your complaint in now Npower only seem to listen and act upon complaints from Energy watch. Hope this helps tel no 08459060708 or go to their website and you can complain on line.:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<