HSBC - wanting to do a claim for bank charges..help??

godpikachu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi god, you need to have agood look through this site and research as much as possible before going any further. once you feel comfortable with the process, you can start firing off letters, but I can't stress enough the need to be aware of the do's and don'ts. keep updating your case, ie rough amounts,timescales,etc people on here are more than willing to help. this money is yours, don't be fobbed off by the bank, look listen and learn, omnipotent by name, omnipotent by nature.

Abbey 1 settled in full 01/05/07

thanks for that, id already had a bit of a poke round but nothing jumped out at me, but that step by step guide is very helpful.

a lot of reading there, ill have to sit and have a good look through it all before i know wether i can get started.

Hi godpikachu, welcome to the forum,:)

If you are on online banking you should be able to access all the statements to ascertain how much you've been unlawfully charged.

If you aren't online I would suggest you send a SAR as soon as possible - (see the instuction on the link provided by Pinkduchess).

This gives them 40 days to supply you with the information you require to get a claim started.

So, if you send the SAR you can use the intervening time to read up on the next steps while you're waiting :)

When you send it , make it 'recorded delivery' - and enclose a cheque for £10 - so that you don't have to wait till they charge your account with it - because the 40 day clock doesn't start ticking until they get the tenner :rolleyes:.....

This should be enough for you to go on with for the moment - but come back if you have any queries at all, somebody will answer- we're a friendly lot on here :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• dx100uk changed the title to HSBC - wanting to do a claim for bank charges..help??