• Tweets

• utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it. pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it. as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW. 100's of like threads to read here. get your ducks inline. make sure you know what you are doing and off you go. dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights. p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried
    • No need to worry about Rwanda Just give all the illegals one way trip to Northern Ireland then they can wander off into the EU through your beloved open border.     Job Done 😂🤣  
    • despite the evidence mounting against Chrichton, Vennells wrote in a meeting note that Crichton 'was possibly more loyal to her professional conduct requirements' "Vennells said Crichton was upset that the Post Office had ruined her reputation and compromised her by undertaking a further review of the Second Sight handling. Crichton was said to be ‘very emotional’ and her ‘ego and self-esteem have been undermined’."   That it seems all about their own interests - says a lot about both Chrichton and Vennels views on 'professional conduct requirements' eh?   Former Post Office chief executive Paula Vennells complained that general counsel put her integrity 'above interests of business' | Law Gazette WWW.LAWGAZETTE.CO.UK Susan Crichton was left waiting outside board meeting to discuss damaging forensic accountant's report, inquiry hears.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New member pls Help. which court?

Eri-Prodigy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am new in here, but I have read a lot of posts regarding abbey unfair charges. I am in a process reclaiming my £400 from abbey bank the charges were bounced DD. I have offered abbey to pay back 50% of my money without prejudice, but I keep getting the standard bull**** replay from them, about "OFT". Know I am going to a court; this is where I want your help; I am a bit confused on which one is better? The local county court or the small claims court (litigation)... personally I want to litigate my case in the small claims court, but I’ve read in here a lot of people do the N1 form which I understand is the local county court forum. Right know I have 2 forms with me the N1 and the N244 I’m not sure which one to fill in please help, clarify on what I have to do. Thank You.

Confused:confused:

Your claiming back charges but are willing to pay shabbey some money Why?

All claims are on hold due to the court case with the oft/fsa v banks and will be until next year

have they issued a claim against you?

PGH7447... I wrote to abbey to pay back 50% of £400 the charges which is £200 with out interest...thier replay was the standared letter tellimg me about All claims are on hold due to the court case with the oft/fsa v banks...so i`m going to a court, but i dont know which one is better the county court or the small claims court? pls help

But why the courts will just put it on hold anyway

PGH7447 are you from the bank? The bank has the right to request for stay to the court; but most people successfully challenged the stay not be garented to the bank incase you didnt know :roll:; and i`m not worred it. i will get my Money back + intrest befor the oft/fsa v banks thing!! the oft/fsa v banks is not my bussines OFT will deal with them .. all i care is the money abbye took from me.

Hi ..... the best way to forward your claim is by using the N1 with the bank specific POC's direct to your local county court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/107566-bank-charge-poc-n1.html

You can complete the N1 on your pc however you cant save it so you would need to print out 3 copies as these will be required when you file at court

1 copy for the court

1 copy for the court to serve on the bank

1 copy that the court will stamp and send back to you

As has been said the claim will proberbly get stayed but at least you will be in the system and earning interest.

saint

PGH7447 are you from the bank? The bank has the right to request for stay to the court; but most people successfully challenged the stay not be garented to the bank incase you didnt know :roll:; and i`m not worred it. i will get my Money back + intrest befor the oft/fsa v banks thing!! the oft/fsa v banks is not my bussines OFT will deal with them .. all i care is the money abbye took from me.

NO I AM NOT FROM THE BANKS,:mad:

Not sure where you have got this from as the majority of claims are stayed and attempts to have stays lifted havent been successful

=saintly_1;1660366]Not sure where you have got this from as the majority of claims are stayed and attempts to have stays lifted havent been successful

Thank You saintly ... I just want to know which way is the best way to go about it...You recomend the N1 form, local county court; Dose it involve [/size] litigateing my case or solicitor? and what is the difference BTW The local county court & the small claims court(N224)?

Thank you Saintly :) for some newbie who wants help, they have a pretty funny way of going about it,

Sorry i though your the propoganda machin of the banks in here.. still you could be; you never know :cool:; The reason i siad that is you siad "All claims are on hold due to the court case with the oft/fsa v banks and will be until next year" that is the exact response i get from abbey when i called them, That is the standared response of all banks Abbey, Barc, Halifa.... so many people got that response, but still they successfully won their case...infact people who didnt manage becouse of the stay are very few .. they can allmost counted by finger... you can look in to the forum...you hardly find people say they got put off by the stay.... people are cliaming there mony regardless the stay issue. but anyways i`ll be happy if you can help me in my original problem :-)

That is the standared response of all banks Abbey, Barc, Halifa.... so many people got that response, but still they successfully won their case...infact people who didnt manage becouse of the stay are very few .. they can allmost counted by finger...

I'm still not sure where you have got this from as it would take a very brave Judge to not grant a stay ......... My own case having been stayed for 12 months now ......

Sorry i though your the propoganda machin of the banks in here.. still you could be; you never know :cool:; I'll treat that remark with the contempt it deserves The reason i siad that is you siad "All claims are on hold due to the court case with the oft/fsa v banks and will be until next year" that is the exact response i get from abbey when i called them, That is the standared response of all banks Abbey, Barc, Halifa.... so many people got that response, but still they successfully won their case...infact people who didnt manage becouse of the stay are very few Really I must be one of the few then along with most people on here .. they can allmost counted by finger... you can look in to the forum...you hardly find people say they got put off by the stay. thats because they won before the stay, have you looked at the dates of the threads where people have won?... people are cliaming there mony regardless the stay issue. but anyways i`ll be happy if you can help me in my original problem :-)

Won against HSBC

won against shabbey

won against paragon

stayed againts If

CCA in default x6

there's my credentials

Edited by PGH7447

You said it's for D/D .

Personal or Buisness?

As the others have said there is a stay in place unless it's hardship.

I know people like to say you can claim and get it back but the banks know they can hide behind the stay because the OFT still need to present their report.

You may think you can just claim and get the money back but other than your claim being logged at the court I would be shocked if you got more than the standard wait and see reply back.

You said it's for D/D .

Personal or Business?

As the others have said there is a stay in place unless it's hardship.

I know people like to say you can claim and get it back but the banks know they can hide behind the stay because the OFT still need to present their report.

You may think you can just claim and get the money back but other than your claim being logged at the court I would be shocked if you got more than the standard wait and see reply back.

I started my claim 3 weeks go, because abbey charged me £35,00 for my bounced DD, that trigger my anger so i asked them to send me all my bank statement since the opening of my account which is 3 years go. when they did i found £380 + interest the same charges bounced DD in my bank statment; My point is why charge me when they are locked court battle with OFT the last time abbey charge me was when the OFT vs Bank case was pending and still is pending, so why is abbey charging me? abbey told me they can not discus the case because they are going through a legal process with the OFT8-).

I`ve heard people successfully challenged the stay, so i`m going to try too with your help ;)

Hi i have just sent letter off to shabby citing hardship you have to prove to them that their charges are causing you financial hardship, send them a letter citing your income and expenditures and how the charges are making your financial situation worse, i sent mine to bradford, i got all the information off this brilliant site if you look through the other peoples threads you can find all the info you need to proceed if your unsure still someone on this site will help just ask they are really friendly and helpful good luck

Hi i have just sent letter off to shabby citing hardship you have to prove to them that their charges are causing you financial hardship, send them a letter citing your income and expenditures and how the charges are making your financial situation worse, i sent mine to bradford, i got all the information off this brilliant site if you look through the other peoples threads you can find all the info you need to proceed if your unsure still someone on this site will help just ask they are really friendly and helpful good luck

Thank you body i`m going to send hardship letter to shabby....:)

I'm confused, if all your owed is £400 and it costs about £40 plus to go to court why not wait a few months and see what happens.

Call Abbey and ask to claim the money back, so your in the que, and by all means send the hardship letter and see what they say, but as I said just because you wish they would doesn't mean they will pay you back straight away.

They are a bank and they are still charging you because you didn't have enough money in the account, the stay is to stop us claiming not to stop the banks charging us.

So you are going to claim hardship but you are willing to pay them back 50% as per your first post, doesn't quite ring true does it:rolleyes:

50% was befor everything ... i offerd them to pay back 50% of the unfair charges that they charged me in my First letter. but they refuced to replay to my offer. write know only 100% will do if i go thrugh legal presidings.

I'm confused, if all your owed is £400 and it costs about £40 plus to go to court why not wait a few months and see what happens.

Call Abbey and ask to claim the money back, so your in the que, and by all means send the hardship letter and see what they say, but as I said just because you wish they would doesn't mean they will pay you back straight away.

They are a bank and they are still charging you because you didn't have enough money in the account, the stay is to stop us claiming not to stop the banks charging us.

Thank you body .... I`ve decided not to go to court,; My last try is going to be the hardship, coz realy in all honesty i am in hardship... and i can prove it. If that didnt work out i`m going to have to wait to few months and see what will happen....

Why not go for both-hardship-then if you don't win that then court stage so you are in the queue-when finally banks sink and lose the case finally-just my opinion.Hardship so hard to prove-i bet-banks no sympathy-really for hardship-good luck in anything you decide to do. If banks keep getting stays-and keep appealing etc-many people will lose charges and are doing so already re- 6year rule if not at the court stage.3years ago your charges perhaps started plenty of time for both.Good luck-will watch your thread with interest-tawnyowl

Edited by tawnyowl

Why not go for both-hardship-then if you don't win that then court stage so you are in the queue-when finally banks sink and lose the case finally-just my opinion.Hardship so hard to prove-i bet-banks no sympathy-really for hardship-good luck in anything you decide to do. If banks keep getting stays-and keep appealing etc-many people will lose charges and are doing so already re- 6year rule if not at the court stage.3years ago your charges perhaps started plenty of time for both.Good luck-will watch your thread with interest-tawnyowl

In fact you are right ...i`m going to file in my case to small amount claims court...as well as the hardship...if all that did not work out then i`ll just sit back and wait for the verdict of the court regarding the unfair Bank charges.