• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loan from Tesco Incasso Applying For Charging Order / CLAIM NOW RECEIVED

Poppay2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why haven't they forwarded you account statements.?

They did but they are the same ones they sent with the other documents and these statements start from the time Incasso contacted me last year. I have NO statements prior to 2007/2008.

I didnt post them up again as they are already in photobucket, perhaps I should have?

P.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

Havent had a chance to post lately due to work commitments and personal stuff.

Cutting a long story short... there has been more toing and froing with incasso and courts, I havent had an opportunity to add the new info but will manage to do so in the near future.

At this moment in time, attempting to reach a settlement with them, still waiting to hear their reply to my offer.

Will update as soon as I hear.

All the Best

P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi Folks

Taken me a while to find the time to get back here, due to changes at work and a doubled work load, I no longer am able to access this site during the week.

Quick Update and dilemma time?

Have had Cobbetts taking me to court for the last few months, now at almost the final hour, they are striving to reach a settlement outside of court, so much so, that they have begun to ring and email me in order to make contact with me.

They want me to agree to pay the legal costs and say my offer is too low and now want I&E details.

I emailed to say that I had already sent these numerous times.

Havent heard anything back since that email.

But am very confused and at a loss where to go next.

They answered my offer letter with a revised offer from them, (basically reducing their offer by £600) After being advised to talk to them and apprise them of my situation I answered their email ( which was actually headed with the wrong name of the company the loan was taken out with) however, I digress.

I sated that I could not afford more than as stated in my original offer.

They replied stating that that their client said this is too low.

That they now want I&E details from me.

I was angry that now they want this stuff! So, I replied stating that their client had received the information on numerous occasions already.

So far, no reply.

Any ideas anyone?

Oh yes their second offer was to have been accepted or not by the 15 July and they were pulling out all the stops to reach me in the couple of days prior to the 15 July as if not finalised by that date a court extension would be necessary.

I had written to the court myself on the 13th July to request the extension and an email on the 15th also informed me that Cobbetts had requested the extension too.

I will upload the offer letters shortly.

They state that they will win the court case.

OK, so if they are so sure that they will win......

Why are they now so intent on trying to reach a settlement agreement? Or is this just ensuring that they are doing things by the book for a change?

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

having posted a comment on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/56333-big-claim-aginst-rbos-63.html#post2350576

Which is Sparkie's thread which makes fascinating and compelling reading for everyone, I have been given loads of encouragement and support, following failed settlement negotiations with cobbetts.

I will be posting the latest letter recieved up here tomorrow.

Its amazing how things can suddenly change.

Poppay

dont worry bout cuttin into someones thread i did nt realise you had a thread just go on sparkiesand pauls and post a link for more help...it is interesting someone says cab are well versed in inasco ? try cab as well as helping yourself on here cause if cab are versed in this company that will be a very big help good luck

patrickq1

HI

Have prepared 2nd request for documents letter, main body of it is as follows:

Dear Sir

RE: Claim number : XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent correspondence. I note, however, that documents pertaining to my Router Account have been omitted.

Please forward all records appertainig to my Router Account. In addition to the documents already supplied.

If the requested documents are not supplied a claim of deliberate concealment of documents under the New Fraud Act 2006 will be put forward in any Court Proceedings.

Yours faithfully

Any and all comments welcomed.

Poppay

try adding some of this into your letter

good luck

patrick

the statutory offence of conspiracy to defraud will remain as a back-up.just in case you wish to ignore this request which has now transferered from a request to a DEMAND ,please also bear in mind this your failure to deliver can carry a sentence of up to ten years imprisonment,and also the prospects of any persons ie directors of your company who are seeking to avoid disclosure of documents and information which may be crucial to a claim on the grounds that to do so might incriminate themselves.will no longer stand

Hi Poppay hope you are well if c0bblers /rbs are refusing to supply all the paperwork requested then they are breaking HUMAN RIGHTS ACT to a fair trial. I also am still waiting for documentation before 2007,like bank statements.

I will PM you in the morning with my defence but wished i had read your post and added some of yours.

You have support from yours friends on this forum, why not Buddy up with someone in your area as somebody else not connected with your case might find a few more mistakes.

Our default notice had the date xx/xx/05 not xx/xx/2005 = not a specific date, a small mistake, but does it make it unenforceable etc as you could argue that it could mean 2015 to recitfy the outstanding debt.

You are lucky in a way that you actually got paperwork, double and treble check it as there will be some mistakes some where, check balances and payments and dates.:mad:

Did i read that they got your name wrong and if they did on what document.;):D

It is up to the Pursuer to ensure that the paperwork and information

is correct before taking legal action.

If you have been paying them, even token payments, why are they taking legal action ?:confused:

You have our support from Scotland.;) and have done well so far:D

Im off to fight LLoyds for brother in law :D getting a taste for this :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Soz, been so busy at work, just flaking out when I get home, then I discover I have other Financial shenanigans, with southern electric and now a firm that said one thing and has left me holding the financial baby! My fault for not getting things checked out legally, i'm a fool!

I did send the letter to Cobbts. Unfortunately, before I read Patrick1's further advice.

However, I have heard absolutely nothing to date, unless something turns up tomorrow morning in time to blight the bank hol.

So, I sent it a week ago Wednesday, so that is well over a week now.

wonder what is going on?

Poppay

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Finally received a reply on Friday last week.

Basically they are saying that they do not know what documents I am referring to.

Any suggestions?

Should I request them again re-iterating about the fraud act and the thing about going to prison etc etc

Poppay

Might be worth havinga word with Sparkie and or Paul walton:)

Or, I wonder if it would be worth printing off the news reports in respect of Sparkie and Paul Waltons cases.. there have been quite a few .. you could send them with a covering letter.. saying.. these are the documents I am requesting !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

Actually I think printing out some of Paul or Sparkie's reports might just be a good idea to send with the next letter.

Rather than trying to explain everything myself in a letter.

I will also add a bit more about the fraud act.

are any of those reports here on the site? Has Sparkie returned?

The last I saw on the thread about Router Accounts he had deleted all his posts.

Best wishes

Poppay

• 2 weeks later...

I sent another letter off to cobblers last week with print outs referring to Router Account.

They have written back stating that the account is one and the same and that there is no duplicate account.

and, as the stay is to reach a settlement unless they hear from me in 7 days (now 4days) they will go ahead with the court case and strike out my defence.

I'm not sure what to do now, have asked paul walton for advice but no reply yet.

anyone else?

P.

I sent another letter off to cobblers last week with print outs referring to Router Account.

They have written back stating that the account is one and the same and that there is no duplicate account.

and, as the stay is to reach a settlement unless they hear from me in 7 days (now 4days) they will go ahead with the court case and strike out my defence.

I'm not sure what to do now, have asked paul walton for advice but no reply yet.

anyone else?

P.

Could you just give a quick summary of your case.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Could you just give a quick summary of your case.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back apologies for delay in responding had to go away for couple of days due to family emergency.

Have tried to keep it as brief as possible.

Loan taken out in 1999 (June) for £6000 – Tesco finance.

Full payments made for several months until began to struggle after hefty bank charges wiped me out financially and went to Baines & Earnst

Baines & Earnst managed debt from Late 2000 to Nov 2002 when I was made redundant.

Have continued to make payments albeit £5 – 8 per month ever since then.

2008 – Incasso start court proceedings to apply for charging order

I find CAG site and excellent advice.

SAR’d them

Eventually received a CCA and several screen prints as documents they have for evidence.

CCA is cobbled together.

Cannot find original.

CCA is identical to another Cagger’s CCA even the signature boxes are slanted exactly the same.

PPI missold

Court Claim from Cobbetts is claiming £6000 no other info given just the amount

Have filed defence

After several months of toing and froing waiting for documents only docs received are the screen prints.

These screen prints do have mention of a Router or a Rtr Account number.

No documents show the original account number and the router account number together on the same document

Attempts being made to settle after having been advised that I could definitely win if I could afford a Barrister but that I would probably lose the case if I defended myself.

Cobbetts keep reiterating that I will definitely lose and they will have my defence struck out.

Their offer was I pay £4,000 plus all costs.

My offer was I pay £2,000 at £30 per month.

They refused my offer.

I fully expected a court date.

I got another letter asking me to complete a 7 page booklet and they would reconsider my offer. Once again court proceedings were delayed.

This was the last thing I expected.

I was suspicious of the huge form and the amount of information they wanted from me. I went back to the cag site and refreshed my memory on stuff and about the Router Accounts.

I was advised to write to Cobbetts and ask for the Router Docs which would be in a different typeface.

I wrote to them

They replied asking what documents was I referring to.

I replied with copies of the screen prints where the Router account number was or where the print out said ‘Router updated’ in the notes.

Their final letter states that there is no separate account and that the router is the same account and that it is just what it was called when it went to debt recovery.

They have given me 7 days to reply tomorrow is the last day.

They also state that they will get my defence struck out.

This is the link to the latest letter:

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr175/Dataxxl/COBBETTSSEPT25EDITED.png

Poppay

Hi RHOOD

I suspect they are using bully boy tactics and trying to frighten me.

I dont know why, but something is not right about how they keep re-iterating how I have no defence and they will definitely win and they will have my defence struck out.

Take the settlement thing, they initially refused my offer, then when I didnt up my offer and I assumed a court date would be set, they said they would reconsider my offer if I filled out one of their 'big brother' forms (basically telling them every small detail of my financial life).

This also set off alarm bells.

I'm no expert in all of this although learning new things everyday, but something somewhere is not as they are trying to make me believe it is ... if you see what I mean?

My health is better at present following a course of herbal cleansing, and bit more alert, trying to not drop the ball again.

Of course I could end up worse off! will have to take that chance.

I doubt that I am eligible for legal aid.

I work full time, but I have so many debts that my salary is swallowed up by them each month.

but thats the way it is for many people as long as I have my health I really cant complain too much.

I do have a sleep disorder which sometimes gets out of control, that's why I have lapses of activity on the site, but the new herbs seem to have really helped this time.

Fingers crossed.

best wishes

P

Havent heard anything from Cobbetts yet.

Neither have I sent them the Income & Expenditure 7 page form they wanted me to complete and send with my offer.

Will just have to wait and see.

P

• 3 weeks later...