Has anyone managed to reclaim the money they spent on DPA?

hannanshah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

EDIT: Has anyone managed to reclaim the money they spent on the DPA letter from the banks? (Either through the legal process or a settlement).

----------------

Will I be able to reclaim the £10 DPA charge from my bank/credit card company? I already know the exact charges I want refunded but I want to use the DPA letter to ask about the manual intervention in applying these charges. However, in spending the extra £10 I want the reassurance that I'd be able to claim it back later!

You can always add it to the claim. We can't give you any assurances.

You can always add it to the claim. We can't give you any assurances.

I understand that nothing is guaranteed. Just wondering about the chances of getting my money if I put it in a claim. I guess I could add it in a a small claim but what if the bank decides to pay up instead of going to court. Would they also be willing to add the extra £10? Maybe I should just try giving them a call and see if they can give me the manual intervention information for free.

Do people think that the manual intervention information is really necessary at this stage? Although it would help I'm assuming I could always produce the argument later should we end up in court (ie. ask them to justify their costs though whether they reveal the information is another matter).

Just wondering about the chances of getting my money if I put it in a claim. I guess I could add it in a a small claim but what if the bank decides to pay up instead of going to court. Would they also be willing to add the extra £10?

If you don't ask you don't get!

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

(£509.60amex..£396.31 Halifax credit card....£768.47+£783.99 Halifax current account)

so crooked they use a corkscrew for a ruler!(allegedly)

Well if the £10 is really that important to you then you had better not risk it then.

Well if the £10 is really that important to you then you had better not risk it then.

LOL

It's the fact that I'm claiming a smallish charge from 3 different institutions meaning £30 in DPA letters. £30 is a lot for a student!

Well I'm sorry but we are not here to help you order your financial priorities. We'll help you go forward of you want to claim.

I think that it's up to you now.

Well I'm sorry but we are not here to help you order your financial priorities. We'll help you go forward of you want to claim.

I think that it's up to you now.

:roll: Jeez I only asked for some advice about the potential to get the tenner back.

Bankfodder did give you advice:

ou can always add it to the claim. We can't give you any assurances.

What more can we say?

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I can understand that being a student money is tight but think of it this way - the £30 is less than the cost of the charge for one returned DD from these thieving banks! :wink:

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Bankfodder did give you advice:

ou can always add it to the claim. We can't give you any assurances.

What more can we say?

Damn this is dragging on. I didn't ask for anything else.

Just got the implication that I was told "We've given you the advice now bugger off".

Sorry IF I misinterpreted the comments.

No, you got the message that you can add your £10, you may get it back but no one can guarantee it, this whole thing is taking up too much time so you now decide for yourself and if you want to proceed then we will help you but there are other people with more pressing problems to give support to.

If you really need to discuss your personal financial priorities then try http://www.bankchargeshell.co.uk No one has told you to bugger off but you are being told to take a little responsibility for yourself now.

And it's not stress, I can assure you.

No, you got the message that you can add your £10, you may get it back but no one can guarantee it, this whole thing is taking up too much time so you now decide for yourself and if you want to proceed then we will help you but there are other people with more pressing problems to give support to.

If you really need to discuss your personal financial priorities then try http://www.bankchargeshell.co.uk No one has told you to bugger off but you are being told to take a little responsibility for yourself now.

And it's not stress, I can assure you.

Okay I'll drop the topic but I did apologise so the tirade wasn't necessary.

I'm ready for my claim and that includes a legal battle if necessary. Now I've just got to time this thing so it doesn't coincide with my May exams!

AND THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING SITE!!!

What bank?

OK. Can you start posts in the appropriate forums please and we'll follow through there.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks