• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • I agree
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sparkie how are you?

My loan/mortgage is a second charge not my main mortgage, that is with Kensingon (stuffed all round).

Been looking around the mortgages forum - have you seen this....

Petition for subprime charges

here is the link to the thread and the link to the petition.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/253119-petition-subprime-charges.html

Petition to: To stop subprime lenders charging fees whilst borrowers are in arrears. | Number10.gov.uk :D

LL

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sparkie how are you?

My loan/mortgage is a second charge not my main mortgage, that is with Kensingon (stuffed all round).

Been looking around the mortgages forum - have you seen this....

Petition for subprime charges

here is the link to the thread and the link to the petition.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/253119-petition-subprime-charges.html

Petition to: To stop subprime lenders charging fees whilst borrowers are in arrears. | Number10.gov.uk :D

LL

Not stuffed at all it is still being administerd by Swift Advances and by doing this...... that is a CC licencable business activity in any event your "Mortgage" as they refer to it is actualy a regulated consumer credit agreement secured loan as it was for £12,000, and once again all loans and mortgaes were sold to the Kestrel companies Mr Webster confirms that in his signed directors report in their accounts;):)

even better still ....certainly not stuffed at all.

sparkie

Docs post

This document doesnt tell everyone and companies house that Kestrel Holdings Ltd were registered at Hornchurch Road at the same time as being reisterd at the London address does it??;);):)

Check out the dates with companies house again doc and tie that up as well .........give you something to double check and verify;)

Also check out Amanda Brooks using this married name as a director of Swift Advances Plc and using her maiden name as company secretary of the Ltd company of her parents as up to 2009 the last time I checked.

MI6 is looking for more agents:D:D:D

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Following on from Doc 2527s rundown on Kestrel Holdings does anyone know how all the companies fit in?

Alchemy Partners are the main company.

Within the group

Kestrel Loans No 1

Kestrel Loans no 2

Kestrel Loans no 3

Kestrel Acquisitions Ltd

Kestrel Advances ltd,

Kestrel Holdings ltd [was Swift Advance Holdings ]

Swift Advances PLC

Swift 1st Ltd [aka Swift First ]

Swift Homeloans Ltd

Swift Securities Ltd

The ten companies listed above all share the same address in Brentwood

and I am pretty sure that Bernard Robert Barwick is the Company secretary to all ten companies

there is also

Swift Finance [uK] ltd

White Loan Finance Ltd [dissolved] name changed from Swift

both companies registered at same address in Sheffield.

Any others?

HI Lookin for info this is the "pecking order"

Alchemy Partners LLP are the main company.

Within the group

They are the owners of

Kestrel Holdings ltd [was Swift Advance Ltd Holdings ] Ultimate Holding company of the group)

Kestrel Acquisitions Ltd ...(own 70% of Swift Advances Plc & Swift 1st Ltd as of 2004)

Kestrel Loans No 1

Kestrel Loans no 2 ..................Dormant

Kestrel Loans no 3

Kestrel Advances ltd,...............Dormant

Swift Advances PLC

Swift 1st Ltd [aka Swift First ]

Swift Homeloans Ltd................Dormant

Swift Securities Ltd.................Dormant

sparkie I was just trying to do some research on Blemain Finance Ltd, and found this bit of info. If you have a look right at the bottom are Swift and Blemain the same companies?

Blemain

This is a broker, one man band by the looks of things operating under the unfortunate title of Swift Financial Services Ltd by a man called Alan Harding - an Irishman. Sells everyones loans including Swift and Blemain

Date Of Accounts 31/07/08

Net Worth -£4,148

worth about as much as his namesake :D

Smarterarse :D

I have sent this email to Mathew Payne at "SWIFT GROUP"???? LEGAL SERVICES :)

the attached default notice was in fact the one they altered!!!!

Dear Mr Payne,

Re Swift Advances Plc v Ourselves

I attach a copy of the default notice that was submitted in the Court Bundle supplied to the Chester County Court in the possession proceedings taken out against myself and Mrs "Sparkie" by Swift Advances Plc.

Will you please confirm that this document is a True identical copy of one of the default notices we both received in our separate names.

I ask you to bear in mind the lawful meaning of a true copy. I have copied Mr White in with this request as he was the witness for Swift Advances Plc in that claim proceedings.

I ask for this signed clarification to save the cost of our solictors requesting same, therefore could you please both confirm this in writing to me.

Yours sincerely

To substantiate the fact that even under unregulated agreements a lender MUST send a default notice ...it does not have to conform to the strict requirements of a CCA regulated agreement .........never the less they have got to send one ...the paragraph below is taken from Mark Whites statement of truth he submitted to the Court

28. On 9 June 2008, with arrears standing at 2.0 months, Swift sent a Default Notice on an Unregulated Agreement to the borrowers. Mr George telephoned Swift on 11 June 2008 and advised that the Direct Debit had been cancelled and that he was taking advice from Cheshire Trading Standards.

Who is this Mr George by the way:) I'll have to get a copy of the recording of Margarets ex husband poking his nose in:(

Guest takeiteasy

Instead of looking for technicalities to get out of paying a debt you owe, live up to your responsibilities and pay back the money you borrowed. Have any of you offered to pay the money back at 0%? You went to Swift for a reason and that reason is you could not get a loan from the high street - your problem for being in that position. You signed the contract, you saw the rates and finally, you spent the money. Pay it back and stop trying to get out of paying what you owe. You were not forced by gun point to take the loan.

The point you seem to be overlooking takeiteasy, is that not all of the money was borrowed, and hidden commissions, charges etc that people have not agreed to or asked for have been added to the debt.

No people weren't forced at gun point to take out the loan, but often out of desperation to keep a roof over the heads of themselves and their families.

I hope you never find yourself in that position, and that no-one judges you harshly for it. You have no idea what has forced people into the difficulties they now find themselves in.

For information this site does not condone debt evasion.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well stated Caro;)

Takeiteasy must have some reason, other than acting as judge and jury,for visiting a Consumer Forum site??:confused:

We all need some help, advice and support in the present financial climate.

Why else would you visit:idea:

There but for the grace of God....etc etc...

Guest takeiteasy

I accept that and agree there are legitimate reasons when people to find themselves in very tough spots and have to take an option that is not ideal. My issue is when some on this blog and trying to get out of a debt because of a technicality such as a letter/notice being sent later than it should or some similar issue. I'm obviously new here and stumbled on it by accident while looking for another company. I was intrigued by what I saw. I apologise if I've offended anyone but I also am in a bad situation and the debts I have I signed up for and while I like nothing more than not having them, I knew what I was doing and I have to take care of them as best as I can and it's not easy. For those of you who have been truly wronged by this company, I'm very sorry and I hope things work out for you.

I accept that and agree there are legitimate reasons when people to find themselves in very tough spots and have to take an option that is not ideal. My issue is when some on this blog and trying to get out of a debt because of a technicality such as a letter/notice being sent later than it should or some similar issue. I'm obviously new here and stumbled on it by accident while looking for another company. I was intrigued by what I saw. I apologise if I've offended anyone but I also am in a bad situation and the debts I have I signed up for and while I like nothing more than not having them, I knew what I was doing and I have to take care of them as best as I can and it's not easy. For those of you who have been truly wronged by this company, I'm very sorry and I hope things work out for you.

I suggest you spend some time on CAG reading various threads you then may change your mind regarding repaying back any monies. Frankly, unscrupulous money lenders that are involved in fraudulent activities should be spending time at HM pleasure.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Guest takeiteasy

Again, I'm new here and I probably need to do as you say and read the threads but what is fraudulent? Are you claiming the rates are too high? My issue, and I know this isn't what you are saying, is debt avoidance. The economy will not prosper again until banks start lending. When people are trying to get out of a legitimate debt, this will delay banks getting back to lending. Based on what I think you are saying, would you accept paying back the money at 0% rate none of the fees/charges I read before?

OK takeiteasy let the OLD GIT Sparkie put you in the picture ...You are right We could not get a high street loan for reason our ages, we are one of the community of this country called expandable old age pensioners....this old age pensioner git fought in the Jungles of Malaya patrolled the Streets of riot torn Hong Kong and Sinagapore in order that the rich rubber planters ( British of Course mainly) and the fat cat bankers of Hong Kong could all get richer WE applied to borrow £30.000...that is what I asked for, but was told by the broker.agent of Swift that fees and charges would be taken from that loan ....So We were persuaded to increase the loan amount to " Take care of these fees and charges" OK no problem.................Oh yes there was .......what was done "outside " the agreement was that these fees and charges that were to be taken from the loan were ADDED to it and we therefore were forced to borrow £46,955.00 it is was a noncancellable agreement and if we had cancelled it there and then we would have lost not only the fees and charges but another £ £6000 approx.

In answer to your other argument I offerd to repay the loan if they returned these fees and charges and reork the monthly payments down from £616 or so to £ 546 which is what I had expected to pay...result offer rejected I have since made an offer to turn it into an interest only loan as there is plenty of equity in our property result ....No response.

So Mr takeiteasy take it easy in the comfortable surroundings you must be in and have not been in the position of say losing your job becoming too ill to work again losing a loved bread winner or such tragedies as these, get amonst the staedy rock of this country and find out for yourself the problems this greedy % society of lves on & off the misfortunes of others...get out in the jungles i referred to and learn how to live propery and not try to cut people down because they do not fit into your narrow view of life, remember it may happen to you sometime, I have borrowed money before many times in my 73 years of life and provided I have been treated right paid every penny back, but if I get conned wheter I spent the money or not I WILL KICK BACK even if it off my best friend

Just my cool view of things I'm a real cool person.:cool::cool:

Again, I'm new here and I probably need to do as you say and read the threads but what is fraudulent? Are you claiming the rates are too high? My issue, and I know this isn't what you are saying, is debt avoidance. The economy will not prosper again until banks start lending. When people are trying to get out of a legitimate debt, this will delay banks getting back to lending. Based on what I think you are saying, would you accept paying back the money at 0% rate none of the fees/charges I read before?

There are indeed people around who are trying to wriggle out of paying the debts they legitimately owe due a technicality, and quite probably some of them are on CAG, but that is not what this site is about.

If the banks start lending responsibly, act within the law (there are genuine cases of fraud), stop the huge salaries and bonuses, and stop unfair charges so people have money to live on and pay their bills, maybe the economy will stand a chance.

As has been said, walk a mile.....;)

I hope you find the help that you need on CAG takeiteasy.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Pearls among swine comes to mind Sparkie your breath is wasted on preformed uninformed brain washed bigotry.

G

Ok Gallahad. The idea of this site is to empower people to help themselves and that comes about by learning. Let's give takeiteasy a chance to learn that we are real people with real problems who are just trying to stand up for our rights.;)

You did Gallahad.

TIE came on with strong words and got strong words back, so I reckon it's time to turn our attention back to swift now. :)

I think his education has begun!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks