style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please tell me how or what i would need to see to make a levy on my car legal.

After receiving the SAR back, i read that there was a levy made on my car. It was on the driveway when the HCEO made his first visit. No entry into the house was made nor anything signed. I have never seen any paperwork relating to this except on the SAR.

How long is it valid ? ( if valid at all )

Thankyou

If the car is yours and it's not subject to finance then the levy could well be valid. Some will say it needs your signature. Seek further advice.

The debt must be more than £600 to be transferred up and enforced by an HCEO. If you can satisfy that your case could have been handled in the original court, then you can contend the claim is vexatious and you can ask for the fees back on the basis the transfer up was solely to obtain higher enforcement fees than they would otherwise have made.

I don't think there's an end date on a levy, but some types of debt must be satisfied within a time limit, e.g. Child Support Agency bailiffs have 90 days.

If you don't have a copy of the levy then make you car safe or put some finance on it with logbook loans.

First to fly the Airbus A380

If you don't have a copy of the levy then make you car safe or put some finance on it with logbook loans.

Sorry WWOW your advice is nearly always spot on but to advise someone to put finance on a vehicle with log book loans, i find this to be totally ourageous, you only have to look around this forum to see all the problems with such companies and you advise this, IM SHOCKED :o

And for what to try and avoid paying otherwise amounts to evading distraint!!!!

Logbook loans might have a reputation, but they hold a Cat A and C consumer credit license so you cannot describe them to be a 'shark'. There is plenty of recourse if a consumer is defrauded by logbook loans.

It provides a good way to dispose of vehicles quickly and cheaply.

WWOW whilst an admirer I have to agree with Kermit to involve LBL would be a unmitigated disaster as apart from their extortinate

rates any recourse sought against LBL will be fraught with problems as they certainly don't play by the rules

Logbook loans might have a reputation, but they hold a Cat A and C consumer credit license so you cannot describe them to be a 'shark'. There is plenty of recourse if a consumer is defrauded by logbook loans.

It provides a good way to dispose of vehicles quickly and cheaply.

So let me get this right your advising the post er to get in to debt to avoid a debt?????

edited by myself as i thought the last sentence may have been uncalled for

Edited by kermit2482

Officially LBL is bona fide and can legitimately trade in consumer credit according to the Consumer Credit Act. It cannot be considered a shark or to be trading in unlicensed consumer credit.

This is nothing about avoiding liability for a debt. Anyone is at liberty to dispose of their goods provided they are the lawful owner.

Funnily enough I just visited LBL's website and my firewall went completely nuts saying the website is trying to download a virus. Maybe I misjudged them.

no one claims they are but if that's all you know about them then I think you should do some research before suggesting them as a solution for anything to other members........... frying pan into fire comes to mind

You are indicating Logbook Loans are fraughts with problems and doing business with them would be an unmitigated disaster. On what do you base that assertion?

You are indicating Logbook Loans are fraughts with problems and doing business with them would be an unmitigated disaster. On what do you base that assertion?

I have seen many threads on this forum which might suggest to people that this company could possibly be less than desirable, But of course thats each individuals choice, enough said dont you think!!

with the greatest of respect the OFT allow most DCA's to operate a credit licence and look at the way they treat people not only breaking industry guidelines but the law also!

I dont think getting into debt with a company such as LBL who have a terrible reputation and also charge very steep interest rates is a good idea in my opinion

I would suggest if you do owe the money to at least try negotiating with the Baliff first however we do need more info about what the baliff is levvying for :)

• Haha 1

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

with the greatest of respect the OFT allow most DCA's to operate a credit licence and look at the way they treat people not only breaking industry guidelines but the law also!

I dont think getting into debt with a company such as LBL who have a terrible reputation and also charge very steep interest rates is a good idea in my opinion

I would suggest if you do owe the money to at least try negotiating with the Baliff first however we do need more info about what the baliff is levvying for :)

I could not have put it better myself

WWOW Forgot to say I notice from your post you quote the CCA 1974.

The 74 act does not apply to these agreements. They are based on bills of sale (Property Act) much like a pawnbroker. As soon as the BOS is registered (within 7 days of signing) they have clear title to the vehicle which they can enforce at any time without further recourse to the courts

As much as i love the arguments for and against LBL, i have no intentions to get into more debt !this is not the path for me !

The funny thing is, the car is only worth £100 and the debt was for £1800. There is no loss to me if they take the car. It has no MOT or Tax. The car i actually drive is in a different name now, They never spotted that one on the day they came round ! ( me not stupid !! )

All i was asking was, do i need official paperwork as proof that the car has been levyed or not ?!

The HCEOs warrent has also expired, they simply have a "run on" to collect, does this change any rules of what they are allowed to do in the eyes of the law ?