• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Can someone help me please?

jack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have studied this great site over the last 2 weeks and i have now taken that leap into the unknown and prepared to go all the way, the playground bullies will no longer take my families dinner money. Sent DPA today to LLoyds and ABBEY registered delivery. Best look to everybody.......

-------------------------------------------

1st letter sent DPA 18/4/06 Lloyds Rec Del

1st letter sent DPA 18/4/06 Abbey Rec Del

DPA request arrived from lloyds 29/4/06

sent request for payment to lloyds 3/5/06 rec del

Recieved standard letter from lloyds regarding request for payment 06/05/06

Send LBA 16/05/06

No. but i will in 40 days time. Her in doors said about 1K, i just laughed. I think she will be in for a shock.

Will let you Know.

Jack..

Guest Lueeze

Im estimating mine at 5k but alot of people have underestimated what they are owed and get a real surprise when they find out exactly how much the Bankers have taken from them....:rolleyes:

My wife has a Lloyds credit card. she has just recieved a letter from the collections dept informing her that she is over her credit limit, this i know is all due to charges

imposed on her. They also outline charges that will be applied if the account remains out of order ie 1. Spending more than credit limit, 20 pounds. ( What they realy mean is going over your credit limit due to punitive charges ).2.Payment not recieved by the date shown on statement 20 pounds.

What does concern her is the last paragraph. Quote- As you are aware,the T&C relating to the Credit Card Agreement authorise us to transfer balances held in any current or savings account you hold with us or Lloyds TSB Scotland to pay off overdue sums of your credit card account. Can they just dip into my current account?.

Also can anyone give me a name and address to send a DPA letter, or do i send it to the Collections Centre?.

I would open up a new account elsewhere and stop using the Lloyds ones so if they do dip into your accounts they'll be empty - this of course could lead to charges and O/D situation on your old accounts, but you know you can claim it back...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

it would appear that they can indeed dip into your other accounts to offset the debt...

Really bizarre when they DON'T use the same rules to balance your accounts when one of them is going to go overlimit...again, they play their own rules to their own ends...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

And to answer your question, it would appear that they can indeed dip into your other accounts to offset the debt... Despicable, but they can do it anyway...

The do do this but you know, I have a feeling that if it was subject to a challenge in court they would be on a bit of a looser. Going back to UTCC regs 1999 section 5 as the contract was unilaterally constructed in a pre-formatted nature as this Term would be, might be argued as unfair.

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

• 2 weeks later...

I have recieved the information i requested from lloyds yesturday and i am now

working out what they owe me.

Having looked at the prelim letter it says charges plus interest, now my question is when it states EG: CHG O/Draft INTEREST X.00DR

am i trying to claim all those back? or is part of the interest charge legit on the banks side for the useage of the O/D if this is the case can anyone explain how to work out who's is who's?.

Many thanks

Jack

Yuo can claim back the o/d interest only on the unlawful charges that they have made. If all of the o/d interest charges are due to penalty charges then you can claim it back. If they are not then it becomes difficult to calculate.

Most people seem to be leaving it out in these circumstances. It also means that if it did come to court you could say that you have been generous in allowing the bank to keep the interest that they charged you and this would certainly more than cover the true costs of not paying d/ds chqs etc

The only 'legit' charges are if you pay a set monthly fee, for instance, but if these charges you refer to are not part of that then they too can be claimed.

Keep reading through the FAQ section, which will help you get up to speed on these, and many other issues. Unfortunately, there is no short cut....

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 18/4 sent DPA letter and recieved statements 5 days later.

Then sent request for payment on 3/5 recieved the usual reply back on the 6/5.

I have waited 14 days can i now send LBA letter. What has confused me is that

they sent the statements so quickly.

Jack

Yes, you can; if the 14 days you gave them in the preliminary approach for payment has expired, send the LBA now. Give them another 14 days, don't crack and phone them, and when that 14 days expires with no (positive) response from them, put in your claim to the courts. If they offer partial amounts, accept them AS PARTIAL SETTLEMENTS and accept no conditions, and reiterate that you are pursuing the rest.

• 1 month later...

Im in the same boat as feralkat, i have been working away but before i left i had been through all the stages to the point of sending the LBA on the 17 may, had the reply saying final word to refund NO, also mis calculated asked for 90 pounds less than it should have been that is just on charges. I have not communicated with the bank other than the standard letters sent, was this the right thing to do?.

I have now filled in the spreadsheet for charges and interest at 8%, should i send the bank a copy of this with a covering letter informing them that this is the amount to date that i am claiming through the County Court?.

Moneyclaim is where it get very confusing claiming interest,

1. The date that money became owed to me. is this the first entry date on the spreadsheet?

2. What is the date of issuing claim? is it the date you submit it on the net or the date the bank should recieve it?.

3. Moneyclaim also states enter the daily rate of interest, what is it?.

Hope someone can help me i will be most greatful to the sum of 5% to this great site.

Jack

Im in the same boat as feralkat, i have been working away but before i left i had been through all the stages to the point of sending the LBA on the 17 may, had the reply saying final word to refund NO, also mis calculated asked for 90 pounds less than it should have been that is just on charges. I have not communicated with the bank other than the standard letters sent, was this the right thing to do?.

I have now filled in the spreadsheet for charges and interest at 8%, should i send the bank a copy of this with a covering letter informing them that this is the amount to date that i am claiming through the County Court?.

Moneyclaim is where it get very confusing claiming interest,

1. The date that money became owed to me. is this the first entry date on the spreadsheet?

yes

2. What is the date of issuing claim? is it the date you submit it on the net or the date the bank should recieve it?.

when you actually make the claim on the internet

3. Moneyclaim also states enter the daily rate of interest, what is it?.

depends what your total amount comes out at because then you have to multiply it by .00022 to get your daily rate of interest

Hope someone can help me i will be most greatful to the sum of 5% to this great site.

Jack

mechs

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Five threads merged - please stick to one thread!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks